The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MOTOR MOUNT SNAPPED HELP PLEASE!

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

MOTOR MOUNT SNAPPED HELP PLEASE!

ok so i noticed al lot of hesitation or moving around from the tranny while i shifter gears, and here is what i discovered in the morning, my question is is this safe to drive for now untill i get this one replaced, if i dont shift hard????? expert opinions please

please provide me with any help possuble, links to where i can get these motor mounts, will advanced auto parts carry these???

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

dude wtf did you do.

i have NEVER seen that before lol
    sorry its not funny but i mean damn.

how hard do you have to shift the motor to snap a mount like that.
    you might want to check all yoru other mounts to insure that that one didn't break as a result of a missing bolt on one of the roll stop mounts, or an excessively shot front or rear roll stopping motor mount.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wow man, hit up a junkyard, it will be cheaper. I have never seen a mount "snap" at all.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow man, hit up a junkyard, it will be cheaper. Â*I have never seen a mount "snap" at all.</div>

If the bushing is destroyed it will happen, guarenteed.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well i can tell you one possible culprit...... It looks as if you are missing a bolt ......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i can tell you one possible culprit...... It looks as if you are missing a bolt ......</div>
    i was just thinking that when i looked out in my engine bay...
    one of his studs is missing.

and the rubber in that mount is flawless.

just go to a yard and get a used mount.
    don't buy a new mount, cause you ARE going to install prothane motor mount inserts in place of your stock rubber.

besides, that tranny side mount is always the very last to wear(I have never encoutnered one that had so much as a mark on it)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i can tell you one possible culprit...... It looks as if you are missing a bolt ......</div>

nah dude 5sp mounts are diffrent from auto mounts this mount is AUTO MOUNT so there fore i think thats why it snapped, i already ordered a 5sp trranny mount, so i will replace it friday, thats the earliest i have time to replace it, i got a brand new one seth for 38.00 from advanced,

i am not missing any bolts is that the pattern is diffrent thats why it look slike that, i think that the tranny placed so much stress on that AUTO mount that it just snapped... lesson learned when you guys do the swaps use everything for a 5sp that includes the mounts hahahhaha, i still can drive it, but ia m careful the way i shift, i cant let the clutch out early...

jake
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im using my old auto mount with no problem for at least 2 years, but I have the prothane mounts so theres less travel
    7g for life!

JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have all the mounts you need.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>

besides, that tranny side mount is always the very last to wear(I have never encoutnered one that had so much as a mark on it)</div>

on a 7g, on my 8G the tranny was the mount in the worst shape basically the tube hold the bolt was not even connect to the rubber around it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have all the mounts you need.</div>

i aklready got one from advanced, but i will inspect the other ones and i will contact you if i need them thanx
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

well, a little late, but I have a trans mount I didn't need and couldn't return. If anyone needs, I'm willing to let it go cheap
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominicano)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>

besides, that tranny side mount is always the very last to wear(I have never encoutnered one that had so much as a mark on it)</div>

on a 7g, on my 8G the tranny was the mount in the worst shape basically the tube hold the bolt was not even connect to the rubber around it.</div>
    sucks for you, i still have yet to see a bad tranny side mount on a 7g.
    i'm not saying it can't or doesn't happen. i'm jsut saying i NEVER see it

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow man, hit up a junkyard, it will be cheaper. Â*I have never seen a mount "snap" at all.</div>

This is a 1st for me to ever see a mount snap or even heard of a mount snap. WoW..that is crazy :shock:

I would make sure all the other mounts are in good condition though. At least there wasn't any more severe damage done.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yeah i know guys, i am replacing it tomorrow right now i am still driving it but i am shifting like an automatic, taking it very very easy, i dont want to snap anything else, i dont have a second car that i car use for driving, so i have to use this the g. well i am still convinced that this mount had much stress on it that it snapped, i dont shift hard, i promise, and even if i did that should not have had happenened i will keep u all updated.

jake
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64

I know its a bit late but this is a good deal for motor mounts.

I might get'em.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-98-Mitsu...1QQcmdZViewItem
    AkA ILL InFeCteD

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I just finished and sold off another set of polyuro filled mounts. Working on my third set. I will let you know whats up later on.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

fastmgalant97
    where can i find the polyurethane inserts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fastmgalant97)</div><div class='quotemain'>where can i find the polyurethane inserts?</div>
    go to ebaymotors.com
    completely replace the two side moutsn with polyurethane(zero stock rubber leftover)
    then the front and rear mounts use hard poly inserts that fill in all the gaps.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo