The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: engine clicking noise

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    the engine does some clicking noise i dont know whats wrong with it some say the lifters are the ones making the sound other said they are the valves am not a mechanic i dont have any knowlede besides how to drive it and change the oil lol any help plzz

go buy this and put it in your oil.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i think we had a couple of topics on this.. might help to search a bit.. good luck

battery might be dead try a jump start and if that works change the the things that go on the battery terminals cause the stock ones arent that good and good luck with your problem
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    go buy this and put it in your oil.

Sounds like lifter tick...its common among the 90's built Mitsubishi engines. Does it progressively go away or does it constantly "tick" all the time?

What Reelax suggested helps reduce or eliminate valve tick or you can use this stuff:

I swear by this stuff...it works wonders! I really had BAD lifter tick when I first bought my 96 7g. With a fresh oil change and a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil it eliminated it. I haven't had lifter tick every since

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

are you sure it's coming from your engine? might be your throttle body since 7th Gen has problem with clicking noise there... just like mine and Miss Maverick's ride. sounds like a ticking time bomb
    I'm selling my G

Quote Originally Posted by dudj
    are you sure it's coming from your engine? might be your throttle body since 7th Gen has problem with clicking noise there... just like mine and Miss Maverick's ride. sounds like a ticking time bomb
    Dude...it's soooo annoying. :?

Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    battery might be dead try a jump start and if that works change the the things that go on the battery terminals cause the stock ones arent that good and good luck with your problem
    i think his car runs and starts but it has a case of lifter tick...

ok the car used to do this but then it started to go away after i added like 3 different oil treatments and one of them was the rislone thing and a stp engine tratment that cost me 30$$ and some other i found somewhere lol its been like 3 or 4 oil changes since then now it has come back. yes some times it clicks just when starting the engine on the morning thats when it really sounds hard then i goes low but keeps clicking a long while then it goes away. i dont think its the battery terminals just changed them a while ago and battery is not even a month old red top

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sounds like lifter tick to me. You can remove the lifters without taking apart the head. You just have to use a wrench and turn the crank so a section of the rockers arent pushing against the lifters(I think you can remove 4 at a time), just take a screw drive and pop the rockers off and the lifters just pull out.

You can clean the lifters with brake cleaner or just buy a set of 3g revised lifters. I cleaned mine with brake cleaner the way this vfaq shows and my car has 0 lifter tick now.

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/lifters.html
    (For a 4g63t but similar process)
    7g for life!

this is why i love my galant so much i get support from experienced ppl Thank u all ill try that cleaning thing tomorroow
    ill update u on how it went