The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need a Idea on Rotors and Pads

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member
    Since the never ending group buy on club3g is a wrap.... Im need some websites that you guys purchased your pads and rotors from. Also who is better with Rotors?? Powerslot or Bremo?? Any Suggestions would be grateful

ebay - iRotors

They're CNC slotted and cross-drilled from Brembo blanks. The pads are Axxis Ultimate Ceramic, which stop very well, but make a lot of break dust.

powerslot and brembo both make nice rotors.

beware of fakes, especially with brembos. real brembos have the logo stamped into them.

also beware of rotors that were machines outside of the factory. many people take for example brembo blank rotors and then slot them and drill them and dimple them. also note that brembo makes drilled or slotted rotors, not both.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    okay.... well i'm looking at the cross drill.... But whats better slotted or cross drilled? Am i'm really trying to avoid pads that dust up alot.... so I've heard that ceramic are the ones that dust the most... Also Im really trying to avoid buying some off ebays due to the fakes like Pinoy mentioned

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    But whats better slotted or cross drilled?
    rotors from a good company (such as powerslot or brembo like you are considering) are solid

when it comes to being better, the slotted have a more logical design- typically 6 slots around the rotor as compared to a large number of drilled points which therefore have a slightly lowered structural integrity. performance-wise you should see no difference in the results from either style of rotor so don't worry about that, i'm just giving you my suggestion and using knowledge i've gained from others.

what I think you should buy-

Brembo or Powerslot Slotted Rotors

Hawk Pads

where from? I know ptuning.com has the powerslot rotors and TGC receives a 5% discount on there (code: ptgalantctr)

I am not sure who carries the Brembo for a decent price but do not purchase them from ebay

Pepboys carries Hawk Pads (HPS, High Performance Street I believe) they are ceramic and will last many miles and are actually the pad Powerslot recommends if you end up going with those.

alright back to the party, hope my info helps ya stop haha

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Experienced TGC Member
    thanks guys... keep the suggestions coming

Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz
    yo what about those sets on ebay any good?
    first thing i always ask myself when buying important stuff, is "who makes what im buying" is it a reliable company or is it some company i've never heard of...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

03GreyGalant

i bought that pad and rotor set for the front on my car. they should be hear thursday. i will tell you how they turn out