The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowering spring

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    I have bought lowering spring my car,dropzone,but it lower the car too much,and i'm not using mc reems,i'm about to cut my stock spring 1 loop,and put thick rubber that they sell here, in the springs.
    What do you guys think about cutting my springs?

i wouldn't reccomend it unless you want your car to bounce for like 5 minutes after you hit every bump. my friend bought a nissan sentra with cut springs and thats what it did. so annoying!
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant DE
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2421379

Dropzones are cheap springs and everyone that I know say they ride like shit. I would not cut the springs at all. Do you have an 8g or a 7g?

Back from the dead!!!

you'd be better off keeping the dropzones. you might want to consider getting springs that don't lower as much such as eibach and h&r springs.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I have a 7g galant,but i have a thick rubber that they sell here,that you can press between the loops of the springs,so it won't bounce,a friend of mine did it with his eclipse,and it ride great 80%good

Quote Originally Posted by microgalant
    I have a 7g galant,but i have a thick rubber that they sell here,that you can press between the loops of the springs,so it won't bounce,a friend of mine did it with his eclipse,and it ride great 80%good
    Get some springs for a 1995-1999 Eclipse rs/gs/gst they work just fine. The rear springs are a little low for some big wheels (19") Just try no to go with a real aggressive drop a 1.75 to2 inch drop in the front is good same goes for the rear!

theres alot of lowering options for 7Gs.cutting springs should be ur ultimate last resort which i have never seen done.theres eibach[most trusted], intrax, H&R, sprint, list goes on.do some research on them. dropzones are like...$2 sneakers.they may feel "ok enough" but in the end everyones just gonna point and laugh.jk lol