The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shocks

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    theres a guy selling me a set of front and rear AGX shocks for 200 bucks they are for a 2g eclipse what the difference between 2g shocks and 7g shocks i heard that the 2g ones are shorter in lenght is this true? or is it safe for me to get these?
    741018, 741019 these are the model part numbers front and rear

what about springs?? will 2g eclipse turbo eibach pro kit work on my 7g??

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    are you dropped? With what springs? from the post, it seems that you're not.

They fit in perfectly. However, the Eclipse is slightly lighter than the 8G, so you may have to change a bit sooner than if you where to use the galant shocks. Also, the life of them decreases if you have a drop. If you're not drop, i wouldn't worry about it at all.

200 is a good price if they are brand new.
    -Pedro

nope am not dropped planing on getting on some eibach pro kit springs with them

Proto
    everything fits fine, same suspension nothing is different. go for it.

how can i see the difference between the eibach pro kit and the sportline kit the girl that is selling them bought the car with them and took em off and placed stock springs again and shes selling me the springs now but she doesnt know wich they are here are some pics

she says they are 3 yrs old plz give some advice!!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    how did they feel on her car? did you get to ride on them before? How much is she charging you for the spring? is it 200 springs and shocks? Why did she rebert back to stock?
    -Pedro

lol i dont know but she came back to stock she or he i dont know said they made the car very stiff heres the description on the items

Lowering springs

I am selling a set of lowering springs for a 1997 eclipse GST i think they will work for all of that body style of the eclipse they have a springs rating of 414
    They will lower it about 2 inches
    Eibach springs
    you could buy then for about 400 every where else
    they work 100%
    Dont let the dust on them fool you they would look brand new with some cleaner

heres what he or she said after i asked if they were the pro kit

Well i dont know if they are the pro kit, i dont know what the pro kit consists of but i can guess that they are stiffer. i just took them off my eclipse and i put less stiffer ones on it see they came on the car when i bouth it

Proto
    those are sportlines.

pro kit is black springs and the sportline kit is red springs

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

damn sprtline they drop 1.6 front and rear pros just 1.2 front rear. am running 18" rims can it work out?? i mean i dont want to loose my handling i dont wat it grinding at all

Alright, i ve got a question that fits to the topic:
    As there is no possibility to get KYB AGX streetlegal in Germany, I got the idea to go for Koni red and the Eibach pro kit.

Is there anyone with that combination?
    The same price would be Koni red and H&R springs.... i m confused, whats better??

The car should have a little bit comfort and corner faster :)

if its the same in germany as it is here, the koni red is the oem replacement. just like the kyb gr2's. hte koni yellow (sport) which i have btw, love them, is the "equivalent" to the agx, although i must say that koni yellow > KYB AGX

but yea, since the pro kit is made to work with your factory suspension components, you shouldn't have any problems with them with the koni red.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    everything fits fine, same suspension nothing is different. go for it.

Then any shock set from a 2g (95-99) eclipse GS/GS-t will fit on our 7g's with little or no mods. :shock:

Same goes for the springs
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)