The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: LoneStars Turbo Project

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    I have started saving up already on a turbo kit with money on the side for a turbokit hopefully complete by mid summer. I'll be piecing it together with of course the help of you guys. So far i have compiled a parts list of what i plan to be using as of today. As the list goes on, with updates and new parts coming out some things will change. so far this is what im going with.

Tearstone Intercooler
    Evo III Big 16g Turbo
    Evo III Turbo Manifold
    (could the 2g install kit be used on my car)
    GReddy eManage blue
    Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
    Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
    DSM 550cc injectors w/ resistor pack
    60mm throttle body
    assortment of vacuum lines
    FastTurbo vacuum manifold
    B&M transmission cooler
    Turbosmart boost controller

i still need help figuring out which oil and water lines and which ones i can buy from where. i would have bought the tearstone log style turbo manifold but once i have enough money for it they discontinued it of course. all the help in the world is greatly appreciated as i will need it. any input is welcome. if ive forgot anything please feel free to mention it as these are the beginning stages and im just making up my mind on everything
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Not sure what injectors you're referring to (DSM 550cc injectors) but FWIW the Evo8/9 injectors are rated at 560 and are plug-and-play in DSMs. That being said, you can find them pretty cheap and they actually flow close to 600cc.

so they dont need resistors? i thinkthat flow ratemay be too much

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    so they dont need resistors? i thinkthat flow ratemay be too much
    no such thing, if you have actually control over your injectors(not jsut tuning them for airflow like with an safc2)

i run 850cc injectors WITH my base fuel pressure raised from the stock 37 psi up to 42 psi.
    and i have a PERFECT idle.
    and i get superb gas mileage as well(31mpg highway)

but my ecu has been reflashed to operate on these injectors and that base pressure.

why not just get a reflash for a perfect base tune.
    then use the emanage for precisily refining your tune.
    or run a maft translator gen2 in tandem with the reflash.

get whatever injecters you want though, i'm just saying, its hard to have too much unless its WAY to much.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

2g and 1g eclipse exhaust manifolds are the same fitment as evo III. Evo III flows the most then 2g then 1g. The fitment is the same though as the turbo is in the same place. The port on the evoIII i think is 7cm and the others are 6cm and the 16g is 7cm i believe so the evo 3 and the 16g match perfect.
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

i also have a guy that is gonna be making me custom piping, one-for the O2 sensor housing and, 2-for intercooler piping. im thinking of buying a O2 sensor housing for him to work with and modify to work with my car

i would just buy the flanges and let him custom the tubes because otherwise ull have the stock castiron mixed with another metal and that can cause cracking..
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant
    i would just buy the flanges and let him custom the tubes because otherwise ull have the stock castiron mixed with another metal and that can cause cracking..
    thats what i would do.

if you are going with the custom o2 housing route.
    i woudl reccoemend an external wastegate.
    evoIII16g's creep at low boost.
    if you plan on running anythign under 14 psi expect some boost creep.
    with an external gate however you will have a perfect boost curve. and if you get a tial you can get the spring rated for yoru deiserd boost level and have a flawlessly regulated boost curve.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

doesnt the big 16g have a internal wastegate already on it? also, im not having much luck finding the flange for the evo III 16g

the flange for the 2g fits the turbo side but needs to be ported a little bit to match - u can use that stock but u get better flow ported. on the downpipe side the flange can be the 2g eclipse also the 2g and 1g eclipse both will work for flanges.. i have both the 2g and evo III o2 and the only differences are the downpipe flang is angled and the bolt spacing for the downpipe is a little wider than the eclipse.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why not juust use an EvoIII o2 housing and make a custom downpipe? Or Dejon Tool has a o2 housing that will block off the stock wastegate dump tube so you can run an external.

Stock any mitsu turbo is internally gated. You can remove the internal gate, weld the flapper shut, and just block off the wastegate dump and run an external wherever you please.

And I would go with at least 660cc injectors, 550ccs would work on low boost but if you ever wanted to up the boost to somethign descent, they will be out flowed.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    doesnt the big 16g have a internal wastegate already on it? also, im not having much luck finding the flange for the evo III 16g
    yes it has a wastegate,
    but the provided wastegate will creep at low boost.
    basically because its not large enough to allow enough gas to bipass the exhaust wheel resulting in higher than desired boost levels.
    this isn't an issue at higher boost,
    but at lower boost you need to bipass more exhaust gas.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

gotcha, makes sense now