The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what kind of gauge

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    those that get gauge that shows volt,rpm, boost ect... what is the most used? im thinking of get some but don't know witch one's to get nor where to put... last i heard there wasnt a pillar pod for em...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

here is the one on ebay that has a couple of other gauges:

what gauges are u running in your main cluster... i would match those if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    what gauges are u running in your main cluster... i would match those if i could.
    ???? just the OEM cluster/guage... are you saying i should get guage that shows me fuel, rpm...etc someting i already can see... i would understand why i would have those extra gauges if i had turbo but the 3pod guage looks nice in a G n im thinking of getting fule,volt,oil temp... has anyone placed their gauges somewhere other than on a pillar pod?

I understand what you are meaning. Reelax was just saying that you should get guages that light up the same colors as your regular guages. But you are saying they are just stock with no aftermarket faces on them. People have put their guages in a custom piece mounted in the pocket under the climate controls. Some people have mounted them into the passenger side of the dash above the glove compartment. Icedoutgalant have them molded into the black bezel thats around the stock guages in the lower corners on both sides. As far as installing them in a pillar pod. There isn't one made for the galant, but members have modified pillar pods for other cars and made them fit
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I was thinkin about puttin under the ac since its open... what type of gauge should I use? Volt, air.fule ect...

I just bought a universal pod and used a heat gun to mold it to the pillar and riveted it on, then i painted it gray.

Might be selling my setup if your interested. Gauge pod already mounted to the pillar w/ 3 gauges. Volt, Oil Pressure, and A/F (unsure if the A/F is working).

I have some other plans for the pillar, but if your interested I might be willing to sell it. Would need stock pillar (gray) in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    ???? just the OEM cluster/guage... are you saying i should get guage that shows me fuel, rpm...etc someting i already can see... i would understand why i would have those extra gauges if i had turbo but the 3pod guage looks nice in a G n im thinking of getting fule,volt,oil temp... has anyone placed their gauges somewhere other than on a pillar pod?
    no u missunderstood me... u shouldn't duplicate gauges, like another tach and speedo. i meant to get gauges that would match your main cluster gauges in appearance... like if you had reverse EL's then get reverse EL gauges. by the way you allready have a fuel gauge so don't get another one of those... if you want, get voltometer, oil pressure, oil temp etc.

Might be selling my setup if your interested. Gauge pod already mounted to the pillar w/ 3 gauges. Volt, Oil Pressure, and A/F (unsure if the A/F is working).

I have some other plans for the pillar, but if your interested I might be willing to sell it. Would need stock pillar (gray) in exchange.

pm me the price
    I say whats on my mind. Dont like it dont read my comments.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I got A/F and Voltmeter

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    I got A/F and Voltmeter
    i like the way you have your gauges set up not a big fan of the pods... i think im gunna mount mine where you have your HU... those are 2" gauges right? do you think i can fit 3 in one din?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    i like the way you have your gauges set up not a big fan of the pods... i think im gunna mount mine where you have your HU... those are 2" gauges right? do you think i can fit 3 in one din?
    yea i realized i coulda fit 3 when i was installing mine, they are 2" or 52 mm