The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ecu problem

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    well I have been reading about the head swap and I am going to go with that but I have not been able to get some answers on this ecu problem..... I have a 95 LS and I am going to run dsm link do I need to get a 2g eprom Ecu... When installing will I have to swap any sensors...... I am thinking not because it is the same block but a 2.0 head... I am just thinking the head will have to be wired up different.....

Holla @ me if you have a response 4 me
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    well I have been reading about the head swap and I am going to go with that but I have not been able to get some answers on this ecu problem..... I have a 95 LS and I am going to run dsm link do I need to get a 2g eprom Ecu... When installing will I have to swap any sensors...... I am thinking not because it is the same block but a 2.0 head... I am just thinking the head will have to be wired up different.....
    Holla @ me if you have a response 4 me
    nah you use the same sensor excapt maybe the cas.
    iof you use a 1g head or a 2g head you shoudl plan on using a 1g cam angle sensor it makes the wiring much more simple.

you shoudl really get a 96-98 7g harness
    and replace your stock harness completely with it, then modify the 96-98 harness to fit the 2g eprom ecu.
    cause if you stoick with the harness you have,
    you will have to cut the connectors off the stock harness then solder on every single one of 72 pins so that your harness will plug into a 2g ecu

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

oh really I love electrical work.... I don't think that I will do the harness swap..... is the harness hard to swap??? While the motor is being done I planed on doing my brake swap and other little things.... So I will have to get a 2g eprom 4 sure..... I kind of had that filling.... I am going to be using a 1g head.....
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

hey I came across a harness for a 2g turbo talon tsi or esi I think can I use it...it is a 95 turbo harness

Nice to be back!!!!

well I am going to go ahead and assme that the harness will work I am going to be running a 1g head with cyclone intake manifold and 2g eprom ecu and I guess this 2g harness I am thinking that it will work.... is there anything that I need to know about?????? help me please
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You will have to rewire the fuse box with a 2g harness, I dont see that being much fun at all!

Seriously, its easiest to use a 96-98 harness, move a few wires in the connectors, and add a few wires. Im going to be re-doing my wiring soon, I plan on making a better tutorial.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by T-double
    well I am going to go ahead and assme that the harness will work I am going to be running a 1g head with cyclone intake manifold and 2g eprom ecu and I guess this 2g harness I am thinking that it will work.... is there anything that I need to know about?????? help me please
    My opinion is,put a microtech,like i did,it's not cheap,but it is simple to do

Quote Originally Posted by microgalant
    My opinion is,put a microtech,like i did,it's not cheap,but it is simple to do
    No more sensors,you can check at www.wwrturboinjection.com