The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7-bolt...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Ok so bash me all you want but i have a 98 galant gs auto...Isn't it a 7-bolt or is it a 6-bolt? I thought it was a 7-bolt but hey i might be wrong.

Experienced TGC Member
    Its a 7 bolt crank
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Allright cause i found a dohc that i was goin to get and i found a CAS for it but it said it was for a 6-bolt and was a little different looking than i have normally seen

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    Allright cause i found a dohc that i was goin to get and i found a CAS for it but it said it was for a 6-bolt and was a little different looking than i have normally seen
    You can use it. You just need to get the adapter for the flexplate to mount it to your tranny.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Proto
    you might have an ES or LS but not a GS. GS was only made in 1994. Click on my sig pic for my cardomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr&#045 View Post
    You can use it. You just need to get the adapter for the flexplate to mount it to your tranny.
    If your saying that you want to do a 6bolt swap with your Galant A/T. You can use a flex plate off the 90-early 92 model Eclipse 2.0 FWD A/T. Its fits and has the same 3 bolt pattern as your torque convertor!There like $42 from the dealer!!