The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Boost leak tester

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    I've used this on the Vr4 there 3" model fit perfectly, pressurize the piping listen for leaks.. doesnt get any simplier. Downside is you will probrably find more leaks then you anticpated lol. Either way you look at it it gets two thumbs up from me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>4G63, 90-99 DSM's, EVO's Universal Tester
    The Boost Leak Tester was initially produced by our company for the 300zx. However being that a lot of the turbo charged cars share the same size intake piping the tester that works for the 300zx also works with DSM's, VR-4 Galants, Evo's and basically anything with a 3" diameter for the tester to be clamped onto. With this tool you can eliminate all of your vacuum and boost leaks giving you the best idle, best throttle response, solid boost, and best performance. Click Here for the DSM Leak Test Guide to give you a good description the use of a universal use of the the Boost Leak Tester. You can also refer to the pictures below.</div>

Installed on the vr4

cool thing is you can also use it to test for exhaust leaks.
    which also effect spoolup, throttle response, mileage and top end.
    i imagine you'd need a coupler from Lowes though.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo