The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g63 swap

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    THE-G
    im going to drop in a 4g63 this weekend hopefully it should take me about 2 days only thing that im wondoring is if i got the ecu for that motor and the wiring harness i wont have to do ne wiring to the ecu everything should just plug in right??????

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You would have to completely rewire your underhood fuse box. Its easiest to keep your stock 7g harness and just add a few wires to it, then move a few wires in the ECU connectors.
    7g for life!

THE-G
    i cant just get a fuse box with the wiring harness from a 1g at the junkyard cause i NEED to do this but im not a very good electrician if u get what im saying

THE-G
    i dont need a resistor pack for a 4g63 nt do i?

Why would you install a NT 4g63? And I assume if you use NT injectors(or turbo) you will need a resistor pack.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I think we need a short turbo lesson Seth.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

THE-G
    i dont want a turbo thats too much bs to deal with besides its cheaper to stay NA

You realize a NA 4g63 is less powerfull then a NA 4g64 right?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    brotha!! since you're going through some troubles. why not just get the 63 head and have it machined to the 64 block?....

THE-G
    how is a na dohc 4g63 less powerful than a na sohc 4g64 if this is tru wouldnt that mean it would be pointless to do the head swap and stay NA please explain.
    And i wont just get the head bc my motor is screwed up i dont think the heads gonna help me out much now can neone let me know if i left out ne parts i would need

4g63 block w/ head
    inake manifold
    fuel rail
    injectors
    coil pack
    Spark plug wires
    CAS
    knock sensor
    injector resistor pack
    1g ecu
    1g power transistor

Quote Originally Posted by THE-G
    how is a na dohc 4g63 less powerful than a na sohc 4g64 if this is tru wouldnt that mean it would be pointless to do the head swap and stay NA please explain.
    And i wont just get the head bc my motor is screwed up i dont think the heads gonna help me out much now can neone let me know if i left out ne parts i would need

the displacement makes all the diffrence. it's a bigger engine. 2.4 vs 2.0. the reaso the head swap is good is because it gets beeter air flow and you get 2 cams. but it has to do with the displacement.

also you are doing almost the same amount of work as going turbo

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yeah i'm pretty sure the 4g63 n/a is rated at 135hp and probably somethgin like 120 ft/lbs of torque

the 4g64 is 140hp w/ 160 ftlbs of torque.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Proto
    my GS is rated 160 HP and torque stock. Now with the mods I've done I'm sure the motor is putting more to the ground than stock. Before I turbo I'm going to dyno.

Stock NA DOHC 4g63:
    135hp
    125ftlbs

Stock NA SOHC 4g64:
    141hp
    148ftlbs

Stock NA DOHC 4g64:
    160hp
    160ftlbs

Headswap should take you up to a stock GS performance level. 2.4L DOHC > 2.0L DOHC.
    7g for life!

THE-G
    ohh ok that makes sense now maybe ill just hold off on the motor swap and build it up to a 4g63t how hard would that be .... more difficult than building a 4g64t or easier?

The only real difference( besides displacement) would be that you have more parts available to build up the bottom end on the 63, but you could custom order pistons or rods for the 64 and then you would have just as strong of an engine with more torque down low and in my opinion that would be well worth the extra cost to have anything custom machined. But hey to each their own and good luck either way.

222whp/250wtq

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    The only real difference( besides displacement) would be that you have more parts available to build up the bottom end on the 63, but you could custom order pistons or rods for the 64 and then you would have just as strong of an engine with more torque down low and in my opinion that would be well worth the extra cost to have anything custom machined. But hey to each their own and good luck either way.
    there are more and more options becoming available for 4g64 builders since the eclipse market is starting to accept them. and make big power.
    guys are putting down 800+ on 4g64's.

id jsut go with a wiseco/ eagle piston/rod combo from slowboyracing.
    thats all you need.
    and you will be 500 hp capable.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yes just get the wiseco pistons at slowboy like i did,4g64 with 4g63 head and 7 bolt eagle rods.
    Who knows if someone has put a microtech on their 7g?
    I've put one on mine, and it runs great,bye bye to all those wiring and sensors

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678