The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Woodgrain Interior

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Is there an easy way to peel off the overlay clear without messing up the plastic?

Wet sand it.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup same thing with mine.. peeling off already.. not have time to fix it since i've been f@#$$ lazy cause it's my damn vacation!!!! but good luck

hahahaha, i actually just painted mine this weekend.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well if you want to keep the woodgrain look and just take of the clearcoat i dont think there is a way or at least to do it cleanly, to paint it you just have to sand it down

Actually if you want to take it off (mainly for painting but if you are careful you can do it without ruining the woodgrain look) there is a product called Goof Off that i used for mine. A hardware store or grocery store should have it.

I think I'm missing something. Why would someone want to take off just the clearcoat leaving the wood look?

Quote Originally Posted by Mindwerkz
    I think I'm missing something. Why would someone want to take off just the clearcoat leaving the wood look?
    wood might look more real i guess

I just wish I could figure out how they did Gary Shefield's wood in his SUV on Eunique whips. They did something do like, stain the wood silver and blue. I want that so bad. But it was a Cadillac so it was probably real wood to begin with. I think I just need to find a good carpenter and have him duplicate my fake wood parts with the real thing and then stain and laminate them. Yes... hmmmm.....

if i recall, on unique whips, 9 out of 10 times they send the wood out to some place in iowa or something to get it done. there was that one time that remi did his lil thing with a paint brush.

Street Effectz out in NJ did this and is on a member's car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Street Effectz out in NJ did this and is on a member's car
    thats nice. i like that. very different the CF trim and stock woodgrain trim.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Chet (from Unique) called it marblelizing. It looks hella good but cost hella money to do that. There was a tutorial somewhere on how to do it. I'll edit this post when I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    There was a tutorial somewhere on how to do it. I'll edit this post when I find it.
    please do. itd be interesting to see how its done.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

OMFG that is EXACTLY what I want done except that I want a little more blue in the wood. That's freaking perfect.

Check this out... marble Hope it helps :D