The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Precats and downpipes...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Precats and downpipes...

Well u guys all know about my accident before. but about 3 weeks ago or something the shop told me my car is ready. it had 3 main problems. the first one the ac wasn't working. they fixed that. second was there was an ses light and the third was a put putting sound.

i diagnosed the last 2 on the spot. no scanning nothing. just basic knowledge. the downpipe and possibly the cat was damaged and the o2 sensor was on wrong...

the dealer diagnosis. the o2 sensors were bent in the manifold and the downpipe and precat were damaged.

im good lol

but think about this when u buy headers and downpipes and stuff like that...

my v6 downpipe alone costed 805 dollars, just for parts...coutesy of the insurance company. the pre cat, that costed 645 dollars, paid 4 by insurance. and the o2 sensors, 122 and 130 a piece...

damn, think about all that when u go to throw away ur precat and downpipe. you could just sell it on ebay hahaha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i still have all my stock stuff... i'm gonna need it for smog check coming next year (i'm running a DP and no cats right now).

Senior TGC Member
    Ouch they're that stringent in Cali eh? I passed my emissions part just fine.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    Ouch they're that stringent in Cali eh? I passed my emissions part just fine.
    california is the strictest in the nation... that's why there are 2 versions of our cars (actually almost all cars)... california and federal spec. that's why there are phrases like "50-states-legal"... getting CARB EO (california air resource board exemption order) cecrtification is so important, because that's the strictest certification for aftermarket performance parts in the US. btw, forced induction, other than OE, is strictly prohibited for on highway use in california.

Senior TGC Member
    Good Lord...man they just plugged in my car in, no codes thrown, thumbs up and I drive away...well after my high beams were restored. I'm never moving to Cali...yikes.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison