The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Rotors

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Brake Rotors

How good are these brake rotors. Should i get these or just stick to brembo slotted rotors
    http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...delDesc=Galant
    The island G

if i were to buy rotors with ptuning, i'd go with the powerslot. they're not only proven to be good, but they're cheaper too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    don't forget the hawk pads for great stopping performance

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Powerslots have held up to the test of my track abuse.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

give thanks people. im gonna go with the powerslot but as for the hawk break pads, should i get ceramic or composite. i know ceramic lasts longer and less brake dust but which is prefered for performance. thanks again
    The island G

i <3 my hawk hps. brake dust isn't that much of a problem as long as you wash your car on a regular basis. and i really don't get noise from the brakes either.

The HPS is the street pad the real performer is the HP+, if your not doing anything like racing competativly you dont really need the HP+. Their noisy, dusty, harsh, but they'll make an integra do an endo.

/agree with the Hawk pads

However I gotta say I'm really impressed with StopTech brakes. http://www.stoptech.com

They seem to be the only company out there making a big brake upgrade kit for the 8G Galant. (btw if you guys check out those kits, they told me they have other colors available on the calipers but they only list black to save space) It's some expensive sh!t but everyone I've ever talked to had nothing but good things to say and the staff is ridiculously helpful. The kind of guys that'll keep helping you try to understand some crazy braking concept even after you have told them you can't afford their product. The big brake kit comes with Hawk pads btw hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz

However I gotta say I'm really impressed with StopTech brakes. http://www.stoptech.com

They seem to be the only company out there making a big brake upgrade kit for the 8G Galant.
    i can name some others.

BAER
    Brembo
    Powerslot
    K-Sport

Ah, but are they balanced? Anyone can slap on some large diameter rotors, but how will it affect the bias between the front and rear?

I dont think BAER, Brembo, or Powerslot would put non-balanced upgrades on the market, those 3 are widely used in the racing community and they wouldnt risk putting out crap, or something that requires supporting mods without telling you.

Oh. I might be wrong then. I was under the impression that most if not all big brake upgrades that increase the diameter of the rear rotors would affect the brake bias in an undesirable way.

Oh. I might be wrong then. I was under the impression that most if not all big brake upgrades that increase the diameter of the rear rotors would affect the brake bias in an undesirable way.
    all the companies tht make big brake kits for the rear also make them for the front. im pretty sure that if a big brake kit made the car more dangerous, a company wouldn't put it out. especially big name companies such as brembo

I mean kits that make them for both the front and the back. And it's not unsafe, just less desirable for performance driving than a kit that stays balanced while upgrading only the front. At least that's what StopTech and my regular tuner shop guys told me.

I mean kits that make them for both the front and the back. And it's not unsafe, just less desirable for performance driving than a kit that stays balanced while upgrading only the front. At least that's what StopTech and my regular tuner shop guys told me.
    i could see if there was a significant increase in braking from teh rear. like if you were to put a 4 piston caliper in the rear. im pretty sure manufacturers test their brakes before putting them up for sale for people to buy.

i mean if upgrading the rear brakes were so hazardous, i would worry about those i4 owners who upgrade their drums to disc in the back.