The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No air bag?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

No air bag?

I was wondering if any of the 7g's came with out a passanger side air bag? I have a 98 and the dash is warped all around and the air bag is real bad and instead of just replacing the air bag i was wanting to get a dash that just didnt have the passanger airbag. I know some of the right hand drives dont have them, but im not goin to go through all that just to have no air bag. If it comes to that ill just fix my dash and get a new air bag.

TGC Regular
    the JDM ones don't have any airbags in them at all :D

ya i knew they didnt have the passanger but im not sure i want to go all through that to just have no air bags. Would be nice to have the only right hand dive here in oklahoma i bet. How much would it prob cost cause i know id have to find another firewall. Cause i know it would cost alot. Prob more than putting a turbo in there and a 5 speed swap!!

TGC Regular
    I'm not too sure on the cost for you...

But do you not have any law that prohibits removing airbags from cars that are factory fitted with them?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku
    But do you not have any law that prohibits removing airbags from cars that are factory fitted with them?
    You might be careful on taking out the air bag. If something ever happens i'm sure you're insurance will drop you pretty quick if they found out. leave you high and dry, especially on modded cars, they'll look pretty deep to get out of paying.

Well i have already talked to insurance about it, because i have been talking to them about a few things. They said that if i can find a dash with out a airbag in the passanger side than it is allright and i would not have to modify my insurance i would just have to inform them. I can also make my own with out the airbag but i would be paying higher insurance a month only by $50. Im just wanting to get one with out a airbag is because it is given me so many problems and with my expierence with airbags i perfeer them not in there, and considering i have a 5 point harness that im goin to put it i feel safe enough.

i believe the 7g in the Philippines doesn't have a passenger side airbag. problem is though, after shipping, it might be cheaper just to buy a new dash and airbag. dashboards are big and heavy

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ya, cause my plan was to get a grey, or black dash instead of painting mine, plus mine is getting so warped. Plan on painting car a blue so dont want to stay with the tan.