The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tuning Taillights for Galant 95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah, 7g tail lights are hard to custom make and look good. I think the stock tails look good enough for me, maybe tint them slightly with 20 or 35% tint or something. But the JDM tails are by far the best IMO
    7g for life!

i love how the 94-96 tails look as in how they fit w/ the trunk, and its the same w/ the jdm tails.. but it wont look the same on 97-98 b/c our trunks are different.. i may try to see if 96 tails will bolt up but im not sure if it will..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

I modded my tails very minimally, and I love the look it gives. I put a black stripe going along the clear part on the bottom, that's all. Check my sig, you'll see. Simple, but I think it looks a little more sporty this way.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

hey supergalant, im new here, hows it goin? how can i get my hands on those headlights? what is "vht niteshade"? i think im gonna do that clear tails with led strip in the middle behind where the
    G A L A N T letters would be.

Ok i have a question goin along with custom tail lights. Ok i have the 98 and was thinking bout geting the 94-96 trunk. First, Can you take the brake part off of the trunk lid to work with it? Second, To take it apart do you have to do the heat it up in oven or with heat gun and pull it apart and then reseal with silicone, or is it easier? I have been seeing alot of the 97-98 rolling around my area but no earlier models and thinking bout getting the 94-96 type and clearing them and doing a few other things.

^^^^put it in the oven for 200 degrees for 5-10 mins, will pull out like butter...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by JdmIzHard2Find
    hey supergalant, im new here, hows it goin? how can i get my hands on those headlights? what is "vht niteshade"? i think im gonna do that clear tails with led strip in the middle behind where the
    G A L A N T letters would be.
    niteshade is a spray to tint the headlights/taillights... becareful cuz they attract alot of attention from the police... just a warning... those headlights are custome made... soo ur gonna have to make it from scratch or find someone who will custom one for you
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Ok thats whut i was wondering i didnt now if that center light came apart like the headlights or not. I have done a few angle eyes for some people so its nothing knew but im not sure if it will fit in my oven or not. Might have to get a heat gun. Also is the tailight colored plastic or can you brake the red part and pull it out to clear it?

here is a site that has many different colors of specially made paint specific for headlights/tail lights.. im thinking about picking some up.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...illight_Paints

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12