The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ac panel l.e.d.s

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

ac panel l.e.d.s

half my ac panel does not light up so i was thinking while i have to take it apart already i might as well replace the bulbs with blue leds. does anybody know the size bulb and maybe an internet site i can order them from. thanks chris

If you replace the stock bulbs with blue leds the red part of the temp control. Is going to look purple.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

The size is 74. They can be purchased here. You'll need 2.

However, I do not recommend LEDs in the AC cluster. You'll never get even light distribution because the majority of the light comes from the side of the standard bulbs. I've tried this before. If you just wanted to change colors, I'd get a standard filament bulb in the color of your choosing and go that way.

Although, these bulbs are new and I wonder how they do, I might try it, but I doubt it will be any better than the inverted cones I tried before.

if you look inside your ac unit, you will see this inside.

the clear plastic distributes the light similarly to how angel eyes distribute the light in a circle.

so unless you can get the light to go out sideways, you might end up with some parts being dim because the light on the side of the led (the light being distributed) is not as bright as the light coming from the front of the led. and the light coming from the front of the led is bright which might cause the areas near the front of the led to be brighter. or in other words, possible hot spots.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

are they size 73 or 74, i've herd two diffrent things