The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: swapping options:pwr moonroof

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

swapping options:pwr moonroof

just bought a '98 parts car for my '96. the '98 has a pwr moonroof. how hard would it be to swap to my 96? possible or impossible? any thoughts or ideas? also, pwr mirrors, cruise control, leather interior, pwr windows and locks.
    i know what your thinking... "good luck" right? any comments on this?

The original post I made is now pointless.

:cry:
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

woops my bad. its a 98! I just edited the first post

For the sunroof it can be done. I would recommend to get it done professionaly though cause i bought my 98 used with custom sunroof and they fucked it all up trying to do it themselves. Like it leaks when it rains and doesnt work!!! Like every where youll see anything can be done with the right amount of money!

Re: swapping options:pwr moonroof

Quote Originally Posted by JdmIzHard2Find
    just bought a '98 parts car for my '96. the '98 has a pwr moonroof. how hard would it be to swap to my 96? possible or impossible? any thoughts or ideas? also, pwr mirrors, cruise control, leather interior, pwr windows and locks.
    i know what your thinking... "good luck" right? any comments on this?

i have done the power mirrors, locks, and leather seats.

seats are a breeze

mirrors second ( wires are already run in the door jam)

i did aftermarket power locks with keyless entry. took about 2 hours and $40 for the system.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i too have a moonroof on my new 96 G but i have 2 spare sunroofs from my previous G's. I was thinking of taking out the moonroof and putting in the sunroof, just not sure if the harnesses are the same between the two.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i have an aftermarket sunroof and have had no problems with it, except for when it rains and i forget to close it completely... the track isnt enclosed and the gears and insides are exposed ( i guess its the design) and if i dont close it completely, the rain collects in the tracks and pours out the interior open/close switch when i go around a corner... its annoying but with the design of the sunroof and how the tracks are, there is no way to fix it.

in that case, maybe i'll just get a pop-up sunroof instead. allready pulled out the headliner and moonroof from the donor, but havent touched my main ride yet. are there existing brackets for the factory option of a moonroof on my 96, or do i have to custom make them? cuz if there are forget it. ill just do the pop-up. the headliner was a pain to remove. broke clips and stuff on the donor trying to get to the moonroof. i'm a mechanic not a body guy

the harness for the moonroof goes down the drivers A pillar, and behind the dash, to a junction box. easy enough

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2529184/3

i have moved to this topic
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...=584429#584429