The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Im in dire need of a drop

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

Im in dire need of a drop

Well I have had my KYB AGXs on for a while now. But I noticed that the AGX's raised my car after installing them so I have an even bigger gap in the front wheel well. So i want to get a set of lowering springs. I am torn between a couple. Tein, Progress, Megan Racing, Eibach.

I dont want a really bumpy ride, I want something that will keep me on the smooth side. Also is it reccomended to change the rear camber kit. I know some ppl do and some dont. Which spings will give me the smoothest ride?

TGC Regular
    I had Eibach with KYB-GR2s and the ride was ok, now I have Megan Racing springs and KYB-GR2 and the ride is smooth. Its kinda bumpy if the road is not level. I think it has to do with the fact that I also changed the bushings and strut boots.

When I did my drop with the Eibachs, I never changed the bushings or the boots. It was my first time so I did'nt know what to expect. I did have to change the boots about a week later because of thr clanking. This is what the looked like

i had Gr2's with H&R's and i cut a coil off... why? because I'm "drop happy". The ride? Excellent. U wouldn't have known it was cut nor that u were in a dropped car. Its a beautiful thing

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    I had Eibach with KYB-GR2s and the ride was ok, now I have Megan Racing springs and KYB-GR2 and the ride is smooth. Its kinda bumpy if the road is not level. I think it has to do with the fact that I also changed the bushings and strut boots.

When I did my drop with the Eibachs, I never changed the bushings or the boots. It was my first time so I did'nt know what to expect. I did have to change the boots about a week later because of thr clanking. This is what the looked like

HEy thanks for the input....where did u buy the strut boots and bushings? Did u change it for all 4?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    Quote Originally Posted by devgrp

HEy thanks for the input....where did u buy the strut boots and bushings? Did u change it for all 4?
    Yes I changed all four. I ordered them from mitsubishiparts.com. Everything came up to about to about $40 shipped.

You need number 5

You need number 3, 5 and 7

I got a set of Progress and Dropzone Springs, pick, and shoot me a PM. Both almost brand new ready to be shipped in factory packaging.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i have the tiens w/ gr2's the drop is nice and the ride is smooth

I have Megan Springs. The drop looks great, and the price is even better. The ride is pretty smooth. If you go with Megans, go to wesellcarparts.com, you can get them for $103.00 shipped. All you have to do is put in the discount code at the the check out page (megantgc).

devgrp, you just replaced them with oem parts?
    wont it just wear again?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    devgrp, you just replaced them with oem parts?
    wont it just wear again?
    Yeah, but aftermarket parts wear too

aftermarket parts are generaly better quality.
    im probably going to need some then cause im installing kyb agx, and megan springs in about a week...