The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cai!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

cai!!!

ok guyz... i really wanna get a injen cai... i want that nice deep throaty sound... but im petrofied of water intake... what do u guyz think... do i really need to worry and take my chances... or should i just get a injen in hood intake??? and do u know any good sites to get it from... thanx guyz... oh... merry xmas... peace...
    anthony

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah, im' worried about water too, anyone got an idea?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

CliptheApex
    i have an aem cold air and the filter sits like 3 inches from the ground, and ive never had any problems, i drive normal on the highway and shit. i am scared of water but it doesnt get in there.

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsetyourselfonfirex)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have an aem cold air and the filter sits like 3 inches from the ground, and ive never had any problems, i drive normal on the highway and shit. i am scared of water but it doesnt get in there.</div>

Do you have the bypass valve?

Guys!!!! Don't worry so much.........It takes alot for your CAI to take in water........You have to almost submerge the thing in the water for it to actually suck it up...... I don't think you will be driving in a puddle of water little deeper than your front bumper......Big splashes doesn't harm it..........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

when I drove my car in the rain the first time I was worried about water. I accidentally drove though deep puddles and such. But I never had a prblem. The CAI sat right behind where the left fog light would be. MOst people haven't had any problems but Alot of us us them just in case.

don't worry about water. unless u live in the flood lands. it takes about 1 cup of water to go thru ur throttle body to cause hydrolock. but for that to happen, you also have to have a good vaccum, by submerging the filter all the way and filling hte intake pipe too with water

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Modified GTZ
    i have the injen CAI on my 2000 GTZ. i promise that u will not have a problem. it comes with the heat shield/splash gaurd and that keep alooooot of water out. i live in tallahassee FL and go to FSU and it floods there all the time and i have never had a problem. seriously unless u submerge your engine in a lake your fine. and it does sound mighty badd ass

DJ_SI
    I have yet to have any problems either. I have had my CAI (without bypass valve) for a little over 2 years now. Here where I live, when it rains, the street get flooded pretty easily...........however, I can go through them without any problems. So just throw the damn thing on there!

Yeah guys Allan is right when I had the Shogun front the water was channeled through the fog light hole right into the filter and no hydro lock for me..... I am pretty sure when it's raining the water will for the most part evaporate between the filter and TB.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"