The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Door Panels, interior trim and touch up paint

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Door Panels, interior trim and touch up paint

I read in the forums about other owners experiencing peeling dashboards and warping vent covers, so I thought I'd bring up my new fun project. Door panels! The vinyl is bubbling (or delaminating) and I want to know if you've ran into this. If so, what was your solution?? I've started looking at junkyards to see if I could cannibalize a dead G, but that is basically a needle in a haystack proposition...

Also, do you know of a good source for replacing interior trim - the gear shift cover to be specific (you know, the fake burl wood base). What Mits wanted was robbery, and that was only IF they had it available :x

Last I'm looking for Cherokee Red touch up paint (Mits paint code P88) in a pen type applicator bottle (like duplicolor offers). I've checked the auto stores in my town and they did not carry that color. Mits has to special order the stuff and it only comes in the old brush bottle that is completely useless for fine touch ups. If you know a place that has what I need, please tell me.

Thanks! :)

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Door Panels, interior trim and touch up paint

Quote Originally Posted by dasd
    I read in the forums about other owners experiencing peeling dashboards and warping vent covers, so I thought I'd bring up my new fun project. Door panels! The vinyl is bubbling (or delaminating) and I want to know if you've ran into this. If so, what was your solution?? I've started looking at junkyards to see if I could cannibalize a dead G, but that is basically a needle in a haystack proposition...

Also, do you know of a good source for replacing interior trim - the gear shift cover to be specific (you know, the fake burl wood base). What Mits wanted was robbery, and that was only IF they had it available :x

Last I'm looking for Cherokee Red touch up paint (Mits paint code P88) in a pen type applicator bottle (like duplicolor offers). I've checked the auto stores in my town and they did not carry that color. Mits has to special order the stuff and it only comes in the old brush bottle that is completely useless for fine touch ups. If you know a place that has what I need, please tell me.

Thanks! :)
    nevermind...... i didnt see you were a 7G..... sorry man. :(
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I have all four door panels, still thinking about selling em otherwise i might keep em for self.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Bronx - are they for a 97 7G?

Well 'BB',

If you decide you don't want them (and they're in good shape...) I'll take em. Too bad you are on the other side of the nation, otherwise I'd drive over to check them out.

Why is it so hard to find a good source for the stuff we need? :x

I'm still looking though...

You are here entirely tooo much!!

Re: Bronx - are they for a 97 7G?

Quote Originally Posted by dasd
    Well 'BB',

If you decide you don't want them (and they're in good shape...) I'll take em. Too bad you are on the other side of the nation, otherwise I'd drive over to check them out.

Why is it so hard to find a good source for the stuff we need? :x

I'm still looking though...
    I will consider your offer.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678