The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Burning smell.. cant figure it out... help A.S.A.P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    drove the car myself for about an hour and I got home, got out of the car and I could smell it linger in my garage. I dont hear much of a grinding but I do smell like the pad is burning, I poured some water all over the rotor and wheel and there was steam. so is that okay just let the pad wear in? My mechaninc tol me about maybe a bent caliper or a bent steering knuckle. but the car doesnt pull to any side, and it doesnt vibrate. If I let go of the steering wheel the thing drives straight.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

you koo jus wait on them it should go away. if you messed up a caliper or knuckle or wutever man u would kno.jus sounds like another BS mechanic
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    If you bought those crappy Duralast pads from Autozone, take them back & get something else. Those pads are nothing but the same old Albany pads that they used to seel that were crap then & crap now in a different packaging.

I think those are just the Duralast pads. Used the Duralast Golds the last time I Changed the pads. No grinding, but they do give off a burning smell if you tend to drive in a lot of "stop and go" traffic. Work fine, but I damn sure won't be buying them again...
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

get ceramic pads... I got some for my GSX, and I will try nothing else. The ones I got are from NAPA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12