The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Factory recals???

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    vr4ified_

Factory recals???

ne one know of recalls for the us galants?

i know that the aus spec hj has a standing recall on the front lower ball joints... just call up ur local dealer and they'll replace em free

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Same recall on US 7gs.
    7g for life!

register your car at Autozone.com and it will tell you what recall we have on our G-ride
    I'm selling my G

NEW RECALL INFO!!!!

HEY GUYS, I JUST GOT A NOTIFICATION FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY THAT THERE ARE 5 RECALLS ON THE '95 GALANT. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE NUMEROUS POSTS ABOUT THE BALL JOINTS, BUT THERE ARE APPERANTLY MORE.... SO FYI....

1 of 5: SUSPENSION:INDEPENDENT FRONT CONTROL ARM:LOWER:BALL JOINT

Recall Number: 00V421001
    Dates Manufactured: FEB 1993 to MAR 1998
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 567432
    Date Owners Notified On: MAR 2001
    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. IF THE RUBBER BOOTS ON THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINTS OF THE FRONT SUSPENSION WERE DAMAGED DURING ASSEMBLY, DIRT AND WATER CAN INTRUDE. ALSO, MMC HAS ADDED THE POTENTIAL OF LEAKING MOISTURE, WHICH CAN CAUSE THE BALL STUD TO CORRODE.

Consequence of Defect:
    THIS CONDITION COULD CAUSE THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINT TO SEPARATE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A VEHICLE CRASH. THIS CAMPAIGN SUPERCEDES MMC'S PREVIOUS SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN, SEE 99V-066.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINT FOR WEAR. BALL JOINTS THAT EXHIBIT WEAR BEYOND THE ESTABLISHED TOLERANCE WILL BE REPLACED WITH NEWLY DESIGNED LATERAL ARM BALL JOINTS. BALL JOINTS THAT ARE WITHIN THE ESTABLISHED TOLERANCE WILL BE CLEANED AND A SPECIAL SEALANT WILL BE APPLIED TO PREVENT INTRUSION OF MOISTURE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 of 5: FUEL:FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY:TANK

Recall Number: 00V237000
    Dates Manufactured: MAR 1995 to AUG 1995
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 10000
    Date Owners Notified On: SEP 2000
    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. CRACKS CAN OCCUR IN THE TOP OF THE FUEL TANK DUE TO AN IMPROPER SPOT WELD ON THE BAFFLE PLATE TO THE TOP PORTION OF THE FUEL TANK.

Consequence of Defect:
    A CRACK IN THE FUEL TANK COULD ALLOW FUEL OR FUMES TO ESCAPE. FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE UPPER SURFACE OF THE FUEL TANK FOR ANY SIGNS OF CRACKING. IF NO CRACKING OR LEAKING IS FOUND, DEALERS WILL INSTALL A SEALING PROTECTOR PLATE. IF ANY CRACKING OR LEAKAGE IS FOUND, DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 of 5: LIGHTING:SWITCH:BUTTON:RING:TAIL LIGHTS

Recall Number: 98V212000
    Dates Manufactured: JUL 1993 to DEC 1994
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 17079
    Date Owners Notified On: NOV 1998
    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. WHEN THE STOP LAMP SWITCH WAS ASSEMBLED, GREASE WAS INADVERTENTLY APPLIED TO THE CONTACT POINT. THIS CAN CAUSE THE CONTACT POINT TO HEAT UP CAUSING INTERNAL OPERATION ELEMENTS TO MELT ALLOWING THE SWTICH TO BECOME STUCK IN ON OR OFF POSITION.

Consequence of Defect:
    THIS CONDITION CAN CAUSE THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS) WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL INSTALL A RELAY AND REPLACE THE BRAKE LAMP SWITCH.

4 of 5: SUSPENSION:INDEPENDENT FRONT CONTROL ARM:LOWER:BALL JOINT

Recall Number: 99V066001
    Dates Manufactured: MAR 1993 to JUN 1996
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 307000
    Date Owners Notified On: Unavailable
    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES. IF THE RUBBER BOOTS ON THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINTS OF THE FRONT SUSPENSION WERE DAMAGED DURING ASSEMBLY, DIRT AND WATER CAN INTRUDE.

Consequence of Defect:
    THIS CONDITION COULD CAUSE THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINT TO SEPARATE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A VEHICLE CRASH.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE RUBBER BOOTS, AND IF THE BOOT IS DAMAGED, THEY WILL REPLACE THE LOWER LATERAL ARM AND BALL JOINT ON THE AFFECTED VEHICLES.

5 of 5: SUSPENSION:INDEPENDENT FRONT CONTROL ARM:LOWER:BALL JOINT

Recall Number: 99V066002
    Dates Manufactured: MAR 1995 to APR 1995
    Number of Vehicles Affected: 1731
    Date Owners Notified On: Unavailable
    VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: PASSENGER VEHICLES BUILT IN JAPAN. IF THE RUBBER BOOTS ON THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINTS OF THE FRONT SUSPENSION WERE DAMAGED DURING ASSEMBLY, DIRT AND WATER CAN INTRUDE.

Consequence of Defect:
    THIS CONDITION COULD CAUSE THE LOWER LATERAL ARM BALL JOINT TO SEPARATE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A VEHICLE CRASH.

Corrective Action:
    DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE RUBBER BOOTS, AND IF THE BOOT IS DAMAGED, THEY WILL REPLACE THE LOWER LATERAL ARM AND BALL JOINT ON THE AFFECTED VEHICLES.[/i]

Seth, are you certain of the recall?

I'm asking because I ran into this problem before I knew about the recall. I contacted my local Mits dealer in So Cal and they would not even discuss any recall without running my VIN. They said there weren't any recalls against 'my vehicle' but would not admit to any recalls against the product line.

Seems suspicious doesn't it?? That's why I'm asking if you're sure of this. Of course it wouldn't have been the first time I've run into a dealership that was sleazy :evil:

Your thoughts??

find a different dealership because it sounds like they just dont want to do the work.

7G Recalls

Seth,

Do have the recall bulletin info? Those that are posted here look like they were for 95' models. If the dealers are trying to worm out of this, I need something to pin them to the wall with. Can you help? Hit me back.

when my dad was still driving my 7G the lower ball joint broke and caused him to hit a sign on linden blvd in bk. messed up the fender and hood :(
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

wow I might have to look into that but my only problem is that My car lowered and just a little different from stock.....do u still think that they will do the replacments???
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

gimme the VIN and Ill tell you if there are any open recalls.

'Brews' - The Mits dealer already went down that road with no results (at least that's what he stated..) Why would you want my VIN? Do you have access to the Mits vehicle DB?

Beyond that, I know for a fact that Mits regularly issues service/ recall bulletins to all the dealerships based on car model and dates of manufacture. It would be great to get a copy of the recall notice, so I could shove it under the Service managers nose and demand he do it.

...and 'T-Double' - As far as lowering the car is concerned, I don't think that would affect the recall. I think the problem lies with dealers... whether they will honor the recall or not. Thats why I want a copy of the recall.

Manybrews works for Mitsu. and is a very good guy to deal with, he will be able to help you get any info you need.

hmm im going to get a new gas tank then cause mine leaks and it smells horrible!