The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hydroplaning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Senior TGC Member
    All I know is my dad prefers driving FWD to RWD in snow and ice, as do I...my one experience alone scares me to death with RWD
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

actaully i do agree with dave about rwd in the snow. i mean yea if you are used to fwd it can be a lil bit harder to drive but if you think about it hard, it could be better. i learned this first hand while driving on water ice, wet leaves snow etc. for example, lets say i lost the front end of my rwd car ok yea i lost total steering control but i still do have my drive wheels in the rear to bring me to safety if lets say i put myself in a bad situation. now if i were to lose my front end on a fwd car, not only do i lose my steering but also my drive wheels.

anyways, its so much funner with rwd u can do funner things like spinning the car easier and other wreckless things like that u do in an empty parking garage

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Jeff
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>actaully i do agree with dave about rwd in the snow. i mean yea if you are used to fwd it can be a lil bit harder to drive but if you think about it hard, it could be better. i learned this first hand while driving on water ice, wet leaves snow etc. for example, lets say i lost the front end of my rwd car ok yea i lost total steering control but i still do have my drive wheels in the rear to bring me to safety if lets say i put myself in a bad situation. now if i were to lose my front end on a fwd car, not only do i lose my steering but also my drive wheels.

anyways, its so much funner with rwd u can do funner things like spinning the car easier and other wreckless things like that u do in an empty parking garage</div>

true...very true

Actually, IMO I prefer FWD in wet and snow. It's true that if you have a RWD, you divide up the task of steering and drive wheels but I feel you don't buy anything by this. In fact, when you combine the two in a FWD, you also gain something, the ability to pull the car. You can now accellerate or floor it depending how much pull you need to correct the situation; something you cannot do with a RWD. Just like in that James Bond movie where he was in a FWD car and the car was cut in half but he can just keep going. Both has it's pro's and con's but in wet or snow, FWD has it's advantages.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'> Just like in that James Bond movie where he was in a FWD car and the car was cut in half but he can just keep going. </div>

just remember the galant's fuel tank is in the back hahahaha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Hehehehehe
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    Just like in that James Bond movie where he was in a FWD car and the car was cut in half but he can just keep going.
    just remember the galant's fuel tank is in the back hahahaha
    :mrgreen: point taken, hahaha.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Chubbieqt
    My Galant started to hydroplane in the fast lane on I95 on a sunny day and I was only doing 93mph I took it to Firestone and they put somekind of weights on my tires or something but since then I haven't had a problem :oops: :twisted:

a2ggalantondubs

yte5y

ill tell you the problem i had the same thing happen its all in the alignment cuz a soon as i took it and had it aligned it stoped hydroplaning cuz when you car gets lowerd it has a problem wit the tires facing each other ><not that much though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12