The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63 swap...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    no no you don't sound like an ass. thanks all for all the help so far. see you guys when i get done :)
    <ecstatic>
    <Galant> <Proud_Owner>
    </ecstatic>

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racia
    would the evo 5sp tranny and engine drop right in to the 8g bay?
    Only Evo 4-9 would bolt right in whilst using the stock mounting locations. Evo 1-3 would be the same style engine that you currently have and would require creatnig 4 custom mounts/locations. The Evo 4-9 AWD 5spd trans should bolt up, but you would need to worry about the smaller exhaust tunnel for the driveshaft and figuring out how to mount the rear subframe out of an awd vehicle, and also making a custom driveshaft.

Which the driveshaft isnt bad, if you give www.driveshaftshop.com the mesurements, they can make you a custom driveshaft for $700-1500 depending on the material you want.

Its a big task man, lots of work. I hope you know what you are getting yourself into :)
    7g for life!

Thanks again guys I'm gonna go do less talking and more working, we'll see how the mechanics here want to undertake the job and when I find out from the techs what I will need for this ballsy swap I'll let you guys know in the end if it was worth it.
    <ecstatic>
    <Galant> <Proud_Owner>
    </ecstatic>

Good Attitude, good luck!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

i think you are a fool for even trying this.

might as well drop a rb26 in there for all the trouble.

if you want to have uper amounts of power, and don't want to blow AS MUCH money on fabrication as you did on parts.... (this does not include labor )
    just go with the evo swap.

you can even just get the head off of a kia and bolt it to your block for a 2.4l dohc beast.

but dropping in an old 6 bolt motor....
    and mind you that engine in the picture is off a 1990 vr4....
    that means its at least 18 years old.

or you could get a motor thats 2 years old. and have to do some very simple fabrication that requires zero special tools and not even so much as a welder.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ya man, just because its "different" and its "never been done", doesnt mean its good nor should be done.

:smt017
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    ya man, just because its "different" and its "never been done", doesnt mean its good nor should be done.
    But its been done, so its just different :P
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i strongly think if they have to cut the axle to custom fit it for a 63, is qiute suicidal.. but we'll see how far they go.. not to discourage you man.. keep up with the project..

well me and a friend are doing whatever we can to the engine before its overhauled. the transmission still isn't here i'm really pissed about that but whatever, the shop wants to start already. damn STI mechanics all over the place down here!
    <ecstatic>
    <Galant> <Proud_Owner>
    </ecstatic>

:smt017 so basically u want to custom fab a 4g63t from an earlier generation in an 8g when u can EASILY go out and get an EVO 4-9 4g63t that can drop right in........its like :smt064

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12