The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6A13 (VR4 Type-V / S) Swap?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Trust me the 8g isnt going anywhere, the B$#%@ is almost paid off lol

teeter
    did you pick up the one from RJC in seattle?

I am looking at the "full" car on the east coast.

I am pretty gun shy if I have to do major unibody changes.

john

Yup thats where I got it from. So far they seem cool **crossing my fingers** At the moment Im only going to drop the 6a13TT in my current 99. I talked to a few guys at junk yards that are going to sell me the body alone for like 100-200 bucks so IF I really really want have a RHD car I can build the car from ground up

teeter
    I had a friend that bought a 46g3t from them and was satisfied. Course he went up and picked it up himself. Ryan has always seemed pretty cool on the phone.

you can get a 1999-2001 body for 100-200 bucks? All I really need for my "swap" is a unibody...some of the doors...dash...and hood and fenders.

I found that the MT clutch is shared with the US based 4g63...and the only AWD tranny that mitsubishi makes with the listed gear ratios...or most of them...is the EVO tranny. w5m31.

so you should be able to pick up an AWD EVO manual and it should bolt up to the block.

My question to anyone who knows...HOW different are the body structures between the FWD and AWD galants...and HOW different are they between "world" galants and US based galants. Engine mounting points ON the unibody? Tranny mounting points. I look under a FWD US car and can't see how I would get a complete AWD suspension back there...with a gas tank anyways

My plan had been to buy the "whole" car and a US FWD and strip em both down to unibodies and put the ENTIRE JDM wiring harness in the US car. Course I would have to dye the dash...and there is that whole pedal box thing....

I have spent the last month seam welding my rally e39a GVR4...on the second complete rebuild...stupid trees...so I am not completely naive to building cars. BUT...I don't want to have to do anything crazy like cut out the entire rear floor pan structure, etc...

john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12