The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HOW TO: Install Lowering Springs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extremsprt86)</div><div class='quotemain'>seth, just curious, but how are the stock struts holding up, and how much drop?</div>
    Replaced the front shocks with KYB AGX, rear stock shocks still holding up! 3+ years now 8)
    7g for life!

lmao @ seths post revival

MAKE THIS A STICKY!! great tutorial.. never saw it..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

The other night, we did my rears and assembled the front struts. Probably today we'll put the fronts on and shoot it in for the alignment, and then paint the car Monday.

The first time we attempted to put the lowering springs on, we were doing something terribly wrong. We were trying to compress the springs down to nothing. This is unnessessary. You only have to compress it a little bit, just enough to stop it from flying off when you loosen the bolt. When we put the lowering springs onto the struts, we didn't even have to comepress them. They simply bolted straight on without any kind of fight.

And yes, DOHCStunr, before you rip my head off, I sprung for the GR-2's (no pun intended) and also got new bushings for them as well. I figured I might as well do it right.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    ^ Good for you. And yes just compress the old spring enough so that you can get the the top bolt off. If you are installing lowering you usually dont have to compress them to install them back on the strut.

I really need to re-do my suspension, but I am a poor poor man!

I will take pics sometime so things will be more clear. Maybe this weekend if I get bored.
    7g for life!

I'm waking this up! I want to see some pics seth!! 8)

Me too!! This topic (and me) need some pics!

Pics would be a plus. Now, the suspension is similar to the 2g Eclipse? So could I, in theory, get a set of springs for say a 1999 Eclipse or would there be any problems. It looks like stuff made specifically for the 7g Galant are more expensive then some of the stuff I can find for Eclipses'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12