The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WTF???

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member

WTF???

Im so stressed out right now.... Between hunting down parts that are almost imfuckingpossible to find... Yesterday my friend came to help me install the new bearings that block off the oil holes for the balance shaft removal kit and he looked at the old crank bearings which were fucking shot......... SO i was like whats that mean... He was like... U need to get a new crank or have this one resurfaced because there were pretty big gouges in every damn place where the bearings contacted them.. So im like FUUUUUUUUUCK.. Call around to find one in a junk yard.. they dont sell just the crank.. call Autozone.. they have the crank and bearings for 165(if i get the crank re-surfaced id have to buy new bearings so id still be shit out of luck).. not bad but here is the deal... ive opened the bearings that i bought.. i spent 73 bucks shipped on them.. if i send them back i have to pay for shipping and a 15% restocking fee.. So IF i get any money back.. it might be like 15 bucks............................................. ....... Im just so pissed right now. Im over budget.. but i guess the bright side is that... Its pretty much a brand new fucking motor minus pistons and rods........... So i wont be doing this again anytime soon.. Anyways.. ill keep you guys updated.. I just needed to vent for a second...

Thanks,
    Johnas

remaned or refurbished cranks are garbage.
    they simply are not as strong or as durable as oem ones.

even if you machine your oem crank, you the machining of the crank removes the nitrided coating.
    which leaves your crank simply unremarkable.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I'd say since your allready buying a new cranck and the work it would be to get in there i would say get some new rods...And buy that i dont mean like brand spanking new. But like some forged rods and pistons so if you run boost you dont even have to worry. Better to find out know though then driving down the road and then all the sudden you hear a loud bang and notice that a rod busted threw the block or crankshaft!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike
    \Better to find out know though then driving down the road and then all the sudden you hear a loud bang and notice that a rod busted threw the block or crankshaft!!
    x2!!
    i stuck a rod through my block, and im still off the road