The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 500 Degrees

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

500 Degrees

Has anyone used 500 degree engine enamel for their calipers? I was in autozone and it said it was perfect for painting calipers. It even had a picture of the can on the lil ad.

I was cleaning my brakes and well, i forgot to reread the label and well, the brake cleaner eats str8 thru the caliper paint i had b4. i had this really hot date the next day (yesterday) and well i touched it up with some 500 degree paint. i've driven the car for two days now and its been holding up. i was just wondering if anyone else has used it for longer and how does it hold up?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah I am using 500 degree enamel paint for my calipers.......no fade so far.......

Lets just put it this way, after 2 hours of straight driving and believe me I always drive like there is no tomorrow and I tend to ride on my brakes (so everyone says), after parking the car, I touch the calipers with my hands, and it was warm to touch. If we can touch it, I am sure the paint ain't gonna melt....
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

u must got hands of leather or soemthing. sometimes i was the car at the car wash and i spray the brakes (i know its bad) and the water just sizzles

BlueESV6
    I used the 500 degree blue paint for my calipers and used regular silver metallic paint on my rear rotor hub areas. Neither has begun to fade or bubble. The rear rotors do not get nearly as hot as the fronts do, but that said, the caliper paint has held up well. You can see them on the caliper sticker posting as I put sticker on them (and like it)!

Good Luck

Oh yea, I painted mine last April....

To add to that, its better to use the 500 for caliper vs the 1000 or 1200 because 500 is much more glossy......Once you hit the 1000 range, the color becomes very flat.......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>To add to that, its better to use the 500 for caliper vs the 1000 or 1200 because 500 is much more glossy......Once you hit the 1000 range, the color becomes very flat.......</div>

yea, thats the only reason i experimented with 500. i wanted glossy

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I havent used it i use the 1200 degree engine enamel, i get bored sometimes and i experiment with stuff, i painted my caiipers up front black, then on the rotors i did the flag of JAMAICA..i got bored it took like 2 hours to do both sides, but it came out really well...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Just like all of you said here it looks better than higher degrees one & worth getting than the other brake caliper paint kits on the magazine
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org