The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5 speed parts question...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member

5 speed parts question...

Ok.... So as some or most of u guys know im going 5 speed.. Catching hell finding parts but im not giving up. Hopefully Kolio can come through but if not i need a back up plan.... I just want to know what swaps from the 2g and what model? I know the shifter cables wont work.. So... Does the clutch pedal, brake pedal, shifter and tranny perch work?

Thanks,
    Johnas

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I know I have told you this before. You can use the clutch/brake pedals and shifter assembly from any year 2g, any model. For the perches, the rear trans perch must be from a 5spd, not sure if the 2g GST rear perch is the same as the 7g 5spd perch or not.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I know I have told you this before. You can use the clutch/brake pedals and shifter assembly from any year 2g, any model. For the perches, the rear trans perch must be from a 5spd, not sure if the 2g GST rear perch is the same as the 7g 5spd perch or not.
    I just wanted to make sure dude...... :-)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    All good :)
    7g for life!

i'm trying man, they keep moving the inventory around. I am checking every yard within my area. the perches i don't know about but the cables need to be from a 7 gen. if only i knew 2 months ago, we only had 5spd 7 gens here.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Yes 2g gst rear tranny perch fo 5 speed tranny is the same of as the 7g galant 5 speed tranny.
    Also you can use brake/clutch pedal and shifter from a 2g talon that comes with the 420A engine.
    I bought a eclipse gst shifter assembly, but didn't fit my 7g