Thread: IM FADING (AGAIN)

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

IM FADING (AGAIN)

this shouldnt happen again!@!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

its only on the tops of the doors, on both sides, nowhere else
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would take it back to wherever u got it painted should offer some type of warranty or something

Yea take it back. I know my collision repair shop offers at minumum a three year warranty on paint. How long ago was it painted?

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    magic marker time!!! J/K

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GET IT REPAINTED. :(
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member
    what is with this black galants...
    take it back man..

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbwdevil
    Yea take it back. I know my collision repair shop offers at minumum a three year warranty on paint. How long ago was it painted?
    About a year ago!! Take the shit back to them.

TGC Regular
    Oohhhh.. Only a year. Definately dont be afraid to take that back. Even a maaco paintjob should last much longer than that.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Did they use OEM paint? If they did, theres your problem.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    I had my car for 7 years now and my paint has not faded, or have any cancer. And I live in NYC and my car is always parked outside in the elements.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Yeh I believe hes the only member that got the dealership to repaint it for free. I'm sure they used the same garbage clear coat as usual, and there you have it now... problem is back. I'm prayin mine doesn't return

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Seth, there really is no such thing as "OEM" paint..

All paint is mixed from a a specific formula of colors to match the paint the car came with from the factory. Vehicle manufacturers quite frequently change paint manufacturer to whoever is giving them the best pricing. The only manufacturers I know that stick with the same paint is high end cars like Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari. I even think Mercedes-Benz and BMW are amongst that group as well, they use paint from a company called Glassurit. Body shops just mix the paint to match your color. Most shops have contracts with paint distributors and manufacturers that they can only use certain paint. The shop thats painting my car is only allowed to use PPG and he has a contract with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

One of my friends has a black 7G gallant and its all over his hood, roof etc. I hope my car will not do the same, its pearl white.

And yeah, I would just take the car back to the paintshop and tell them wtf.
    Still representing for St. Petersburg, Russia

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

All paint is mixed from a a specific formula of colors to match the paint the car came with from the factory. Vehicle manufacturers quite frequently change paint manufacturer to whoever is giving them the best pricing. The only manufacturers I know that stick with the same paint is high end cars like Bentley, Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari. I even think Mercedes-Benz and BMW are amongst that group as well, they use paint from a company called Glassurit. Body shops just mix the paint to match your color. Most shops have contracts with paint distributors and manufacturers that they can only use certain paint. The shop thats painting my car is only allowed to use PPG and he has a contract with them.
    If its the same factory black that was orignally, it doesnt have a clear coat.
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi

If its the same factory black that was orignally, it doesnt have a clear coat.

Wow..... the factory paint is definately basecoat/clearcoat. 99% of todays factory paintjobs are basecoat/clearcaot. You can still find some low end toyotas and chryslers that use a single stage white, but those are rare, i think they stopped that in the late 90s.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    New sig Eric

Experienced TGC Member
    Did u wax it??? Those hot summers in texas