The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: twin turbo

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

twin turbo

is it possible to put twins on the 4g64 dohc if so is true that 2 are better than 1and what kind of power could this make ...... i just bought an plymouth breeze to use for my daily driver and i want to turn my car in to a track car and i was going to just go with one turbo but why just one if i can have 2 ....has this ever been done before
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Cold Air Intake
    5 Speed (swapped)
    MagnaFlow catback exahust
    Eibach drop springs
    Bomz Racing Gauge faces
    17in MOTEGGI racing rims
    port and polished

more trouble than it is worth... stick w/ 1 turbo if you r going to go FI on the 7g.

please explain
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Cold Air Intake
    5 Speed (swapped)
    MagnaFlow catback exahust
    Eibach drop springs
    Bomz Racing Gauge faces
    17in MOTEGGI racing rims
    port and polished

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The 4g64 wouldnt be efficient with a twin turbo setup, theres not enough exhaust volume to take advantage of two turbos. A single turbo is always best on a 4 cylinder. The JDM 7g VR4 has a twin turbo setup, but it also have a v6.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by RPD4g6497
    please explain
    the complexity of doing almost everything 2x would only make sense on a much larger engine (to avoid lag). throwing twin turbos on a 2.4L I4 would mean that each turbo would have to be spooled up by 2 cylinders (of 1.2L). twins work well on v6's over 2.5L (3 cyliners x 2). you could much more easily use available 4g63T (1G, 2G, EVO) parts to boost your 2.4L with some modifications rather than have to fab up an almost completely scratch built twin system that would take up more space. it's just not worth it, and unless you really know what you are doing, your twin trubo will be outperformed by a good single turbo in this application.

more turbo's means more gaskets(more leaks) more studs(more breakage) more water lines( more pllumbing) more custom manifold( more money) more turbo's( more money) more turbos( more maintenance) more turbos( more failure) more oil( more leaks)

with one turbo, you can cut all that in half, and a manifold will cost you bout 20 bucks.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo