The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM sides+Tails installed!!!rear lip trouble tho!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

JDM sides+Tails installed!!!rear lip trouble tho!

So i finally got the JDM sides on..a pain in the....my taillights r on..lot cleaner..will have them up for sale too..02-03...be on the look out..i didnt realize how painful installing them would be...and my rear lip didnt fit..seemed liked 4 inches short...anyone have an idea on how to help?....i know i know..she looks like a ghetto street cheetah with all them spots...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    which rear is it, juudgeing by the sides om going to guess the super vr4 rear?

looks good now get her painted.

you will need to do some extending I think. Because the JDM rear bumpers are shorter than USDM ones, and the lip that your trying to fit are for JDM rears.

correct me if Im wrong.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

that is gunna be such a nice looking car when your done man i cant wait.. kinda reminds me of franks old car, cause of the rims and the color.

TGC Regular
    yo did you have to cut the sides ....by the way its coming out nice

Lookin' good so far! I'm curious what rear you are trying to install as well. Are they the '96-'97 Super VR-4 rear lip pieces... I guess not since you said lip not lips?

Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52
    yo did you have to cut the sides ....by the way its coming out nice
    Those are the '96-'97 Super VR-4 sides like in my sig, so I know you are wondering about cutting for the '98+ VR-4/Viento sides. I actually have the '98 VR-4/Viento sides too now, but haven't even tried to install them since I can't afford to get them painted.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    that's gonna look nice when it's all one color.
    -Pedro

if your gonna get rid of the lip i'll be down to check it out at mod : D

thanks for the heads up..its one complete lip piece..beleive it is super vr4 lip.gonna try to see what i can do..if not, hate to do it but might sell to get cyber 1 rear lip..looks pretty clean..nothing to extravagant..as far as cutting, yea..top of sideskirts had to be cut and tabs on back..and it seemed like 1 inch short and wouldnt go in even hitting wheel wheel...so a bit had to be cut off the rear..gonna fiberglass it.