The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sunroof Tilt?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Sunroof Tilt?

Anybody knowledgeable about 2001 ES models regarding the sunroof if it's suppose to tilt at all? Mine open/close as normal but when I push the tilt button...it doesn't do anything at all! If it's not suppose to tilt what can I do to make it do so? Would it be a different switch/mechanism? Thanks in advance!

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Is that factory equiptment or aftermarket?
    have you had the car since it was new?
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Sometime it's gets stuck, try putting some lube on the grooves and see if that helps
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Is that factory equiptment or aftermarket?
    have you had the car since it was new?
    It is an OEM equipment... I bought the car used but it just doesn't make sense why the option would be there for the tilt yet it won't do it. I think it's more than just lubing it as well...

mine doesn't tilt with that button anymore. there is something wrong with mine. but if you go all the way forward it will tilt. You should be able to press the button in the center and it will tilt a little, and then press again and it will tilt some more
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    mine doesn't tilt with that button anymore. there is something wrong with mine. but if you go all the way forward it will tilt. You should be able to press the button in the center and it will tilt a little, and then press again and it will tilt some more
    I guess it is a mechanical issue coz I've been doing that and actually tried every combination on that button and it won't tilt. I was wondering if it could be something else. I like the look when it's tilted up a bit just like when i used to have my GSR. I figure i'd ask and see if somebody knows how to fix it or maybe make it work.... Thanks!