The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird suspension noise

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Weird suspension noise

Hey guys. I've been hearing this weird clunking noise when I start and stop sometimes. it started a couple of weeks after I installd the teins but its now become bothersome. I noticed that when I installed the teins that there were no spring grommets(rubber pieces,etc) for them to sit on. Dont know if thsi might be the problem of do I need to replace my top hats? :?

Re: Weird suspension noise

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Hey guys. I've been hearing this weird clunking noise when I start and stop sometimes. it started a couple of weeks after I installd the teins but its now become bothersome. I noticed that when I installed the teins that there were no spring grommets(rubber pieces,etc) for them to sit on. Dont know if thsi might be the problem of do I need to replace my top hats? :?
    Are you using your stock struts/shocks? I was told that stock struts will blow if we installed aftermarket lowering springs on it...not sure though...let's start hearing from the experts... 8)

i also get a clicking sound when i stop and start. mines all stock

Thats the upper and lower spring seat, yes it should be there. If it isn't the spring itself may move or twist allowing for that kind of noise.

beat me too it! mine did the same thing on one side when i installed my GR2's on the front cuz i didnt pay attention and put the top one in on the bottom... but dont worry if you lost them cuz they are really cheap...
    Diamond Star Motors - Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989.

Cool, does anyone have an extra set? If not, i guess ill head to the stealership and order them.

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Cool, does anyone have an extra set? If not, i guess ill head to the stealership and order them.
    Calling them the stealership I think is wrong. Sure they charge a lot for parts but in the end they can get you the parts that no one else can.

you shouldnt have to go to the dealership. i got mine from advance...
    Diamond Star Motors - Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ststrike
    i also get a clicking sound when i stop and start. mines all stock
    x2

getting awful loud too.