The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I Have a Heating Problem, Someone Let Me Know?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

I Have a Heating Problem, Someone Let Me Know?

Well it just started about two weeks ago. Ive checked the radaitor and it has water, it was changed out about two months ago when i had the cylinder head rebuild. but when i turn the car on and let it seat in park or drop it in nuetral with the e-brake up, the temp gauge goes up to hot and just seats there, and drops back to normal when i put it in drive. has anyone had this problem with their 01' 4 banger?

nope but im having the same problem with my V6

Back in the Family!!

Experienced TGC Member
    could be a water pump, but check the status of your tubes from radiator to block and such to see if there is any blockage (my problem).
    -Chris

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    does the fan turn on? and did you just use water in the radiator?

havent checked the fan and no i just didnt put water. but i did get that pre-mix tho

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

I am having the same problem. I had my waterpump, thermostat, radiator flushed and re filled three weeks ago. I was drivin home yesterday and every time i stop at the red light the temp. needle start to make its way up to the 3/4 mark. As soon as i pull off the needle heads to its normal position.
    Lord have mercy if its not one thing its another. My car is in the shop at the moment. As for my opinion i think it probably needs a new a radiator. I will give you the results as soon as I get it done. Good luck
    Pearl White 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    Injen Race Division CAI System
    Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
    Magnecor Ignition Wires
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Headlight Bulbs (H4)
    Showoff Krypton Series Xenon Fog Light Bulbs (893)
    Clear Corner Lights w/ PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs (1157)
    Reverse Indiglo Gauges
    Kenwood KDC-MP522 MP3/CD Receiver
    Infinity Kappa 652.5i 6.75" Door Speakers
    Kicker K693 6x9 Rear Speakers
    Brembo Cross-Drilled/Slotted Disc Brakes
    Axxis High Performance Brake Pads

i was having pretty much the same problem. if i was driving my temp was fine, although my fans were always working overtime. when i came to a stop my temp would red line. i replaced my thermostat for about 25 bucks, and everything is back to normal.

odds are is that your thermostat isn't opening enough or not at all when your engine reaches normal operating temperature.

d@ve