The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP!! paaking break wont turn off

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

HELP!! paaking break wont turn off

first of all im a new member from cen cal and i was searching through the site and could not find anything regarding the parking break light staying on while driving. for some reason it doesnt turn off now this just started not to long ago and at times when i go over speed bumps the light will o off bt then will come back on. Id appreciate any type of help you guys might be able to offer[/b]

Its telling you that you need to buy new brake pads. it turns on when your brake pads start to wear thin. if its not that then you probably need to get your parking brake adjusted. its just a cable adjustment that any brake shop can do.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    Its telling you that you need to buy new brake pads. it turns on when your brake pads start to wear thin.
    WTF?????????????????

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

are the rear wheels dragging like the parking brake is really on?

or is it just the light

if its just the light. then you are probably low on brake fluid.

and if you're low on brake fluid chances are, im guessing your pads are pretty low cuz if you're low on brake fluid either you're leaking some or its cuz your pads are low. and if you're actually leaking brake fluid, you'd have more problems than the parking brake

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

its jut the light the rear wheels dont drag at all im not sure but theres been times when ive driven in the highway and go through an uneven surfce and the light will turn off bt for the most part it tends to stay on now

add brake fluid. there is a sensor in the brake fluid tank that tells the car u are low on brake fluid and keeps the dash light on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah, check your fluids. Im leaking brake fluid somewhere and the light turned on once. I still gotta find where im losing fluid.

well i went through and added some fluids and well so far everythings good i was actually low on fluids just thought id say thanks :D

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL... Your park brake light works the same way your damn brake lights work... when the handle is pulled up the button pushes out and makes a connection so the light cuts on.............................. Similar to pushing the brake pedal in and your brake lights work . Remove your center console and check the sensor at the bottom of your brake handle.. I had a problem with mine cause it got stuck and i just pushed it back in...

people need to stop making stuff up. lol