The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo swap?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

turbo swap?

I understand most of the swap. I have been searching for the past week and most of my questions have been answered. Here is a parts list of what i have
    4g63t motor
    94 gs wiring harness
    94 gs ecu

I am going to do a five speed swap while swaping the motor so that should be the easy part. Should i use the 1g turbo harness or the gs wiring harness. The only thing that seems different about the gs harness is the crank and cam sensor and the speed sensor.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What year is your car? Your missing a couple dozen parts in your list. Why do you want to go with a GS ECU and a 4g63t motor?
    7g for life!

the car is a 95 ls obd1. I just have that stuff lying around. I also ihave a few 4g63t ecus as well. i would like to make it as much as a bolt on as possible. i am working on finding a 1g wiring harness also

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What I would do if I were you would be to use the 94 GS harness with a turbo 1g EPROM ECU. The 94 GS wiring harness should already be setup for your fusebox and it is already setup for a coil pack, you would just need to move some wires on the ECU connectors and add a knock sensor.
    7g for life!

the gs come with a knock sensor. How many wire would i have to switch. I got some weird extension harness out of a 94 galant. I could chop the plugs off that and make a pnp harness.