The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: glovebox latch

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    wmaharrisjr

glovebox latch

My glove box latch it broken it just pops open when I hit a good bump. I remember there was a fix for this on the old site but obviously I can't get to it now. I would just like to try and have it fixed to save on the embarassment when people get in the car I hit a bump and the glove box breaks their knee caps.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    the other day i was going to lock my glovebox and the damn thing came out with the key on it, damn now i got to go to the dealers and leave my car there the whole day to get serviced :x

the glovebox has always been a problem for the 8g. with wmaharrisjr, try adjusting the latch possibly to see if u can get it to lock in better. if that doesn't help seek otu the dealer.

as for domielover's problem, its not an all day thing. it takes about 15 minutes to do. i get mine done about once a year under warranty

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    yeah Allen but you just dont know these damn dealer service department, they will take atleast 2 hours of waiting. last time i went to get a newly cut key program i was there for about 3 hours waiting for something i know shouldnt take more then a few munites

did u have an appointment? if u did talk to the manager. uhm i got a couple free oil changes and tanks of gas jsut cuz they'd take too long for an oil change or whatever

theres a new latch design.. go get one.

I think I am just going to Bondo mine shut
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres a new latch design.. go get one.</div>

Is it free? I'd like to fix my dang rattling as well...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I have a 99' and mine fell open in 2000 and I had the lock replaced, it still works, but now I get the rattling also. It is funny, for such a cheap ass thing, you think they could replace it with something a few cents more for quality assurance :?:
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres a new latch design.. go get one.</div>

Is it free? I'd like to fix my dang rattling as well...</div>
    only if its under warranty.

Senior TGC Member
    Good thing I bought the extended warranty then...my car just rolled past 30k a few days ago...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

errika

I hate the glovebox

I have a 2000 and I had it replaced last year on March and it just starting making the noise again. It hasn't yet started to pop open. But it will probably start soon. My car has over 92,000 miles on so I gotta spend the money to fix it (no warranty.) Ya I drive the hell out of my car!

Erika

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think I am just going to Bondo mine shut </div>

I super glue mine, nothing in it, besides a small tool kit when i get bored at work.. i pull her around back and work on stuff..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Re: I hate the glovebox

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(errika)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2000 and I had it replaced last year on March and it just starting making the noise again. Â*It hasn't yet started to pop open. Â*But it will probably start soon. Â*My car has over 92,000 miles on so I gotta spend the money to fix it (no warranty.) Â*Ya I drive the hell out of my car! Â*

Erika</div>

if it helps since u replaced it, mitsu parts do carry a 12 month, 12000 mile warranty

Well mines was fixed cause it was rattleing like 2 yrs ago .... last Dec they "supposedly" adjusted it because of a new rattle... now 1 month later.. my warranty just expired and it's rattleing again !!!!!

Stupid glove box driving me nuts !

wmaharrisjr
    how do you recommend I fix it

a latch kit shouldn't be that expensive. id maybe talk to the tech at the dealer see what he says and then if he says u need to buy a kit go ahead and do that. if he knows something else then maybe try that too.