The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil on boths sides of spark plug?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Oil on boths sides of spark plug?

I've been noticing a fairly significant loss of power at about 4000rpm and deciding to do the good ol' poke around and low and behold upon changing out the spark plugs #4 had oil on the wire side and also the fire side. i figure just a seal for the tubes and stem caps but fear maybe piston ring??? anyone got any suggestions before i tear my valve cover off this week and dive in??? i'd really appreciate some advice?

Well do you see any leakage from the valve cover above the spark plug?

If not you most likely have worn rings causing blowby fouling up your spark plugs and wires.

Just as a reassurance this is a full ring replacement project then right? estimate what someone might charge for something like this, either way thanks for your help, wish me luck this weekend*shakes head*

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    if you plan on opening it, try this.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=54496

i also have the same problem, also i noticed oil coming out from in between the exhaust manifold and engine anyone know what it is?

i have the same problem with oil from the upper spark plug boot leaking through. if you have oil in the cylinder i would do a cylinder leak test to see what the problem is. you could have bad rings, blown head gasket, leaking valve seals, multiple problems