The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HKS ground sistem

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    el_fiebru69

HKS ground sistem

hi, i put in my galant I4 the HKS Ground Sistem. and i have 4hp more. this performance eliminated the feed back on the ECU. and all electrical parts have more power. http://www.hksusa.com/images/?id=1618 :twisted: :firedevil:

got any dyno sheets? the 4hp is that throughout the whole powerband or where the low or the high? howz the torque? did that go up or down?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

4 hp from a grounding system? Can that be right?
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

not exactly sure about the 4hp, however superstreet Feb. issue has a quick tech section on the install involved but, the did not test the improvements. However they do say the "an extra couple of hp is always good". The is a website I was thinking and writing to inquire what they have seen as far as performance improvments. The article say that you SHOULD see increased performance, throttle response,and reduced emissions. They actually used the Hyper Ground System which is claimed to add UP TO 8hp. I might have to try this if I get a chance.

for real for real...you can make that yourself, especially if your into car audio!

in theorythe system works. the ecu dosesn't only tell things what to do but it gets feedback from different components. kinda like ur tv connection. if u have a bad groudnign (like with bunny ears)system then the feedback the ecu gets isnt' gonna that accurate. if it can get a better signal (like getting a satellite dish or cable tv) than its gonna get better reception. but then if u have a good grounding system (like if u live next to the tv station) than gains will be minimal.

Wow reminds me of Mr Wizard off Nickelodan waaaay back...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>for real for real...you can make that yourself, especially if your into car audio!</div>

see, chip tried that. his butt dyno didn't feel shit. i really wanna see dynos if sum1 really tried it cuz i wanna know if it really works or if its just a placebo cuz u spent a hellofalotta money

TGC Regular
    ya if anyone decides to get a grounding system of this sort do a before and after dyno to see if it actually worked for you ive read in a bunch of magazines taht you tend to get some gain but im still a bit skeptical...
    - Atba

BlueESV6
    Like someonoe mentioned in the other discussion about the grounding system....

If the car has a bad grounding setup to begin with you'll probably see some sort of gains, but if your car has a decent grounding and wiring throughout the car the gains won't be there.

I would think it would depend on Mitsu's orginal design and the wiring they used in making the car... if it's good to begin with then it's probably more for show than go....!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>Like someonoe mentioned in the other discussion about the grounding system....

If the car has a bad grounding setup to begin with you'll probably see some sort of gains, but if your car has a decent grounding and wiring throughout the car the gains won't be there. Â*

I would think it would depend on Mitsu's orginal design and the wiring they used in making the car... if it's good to begin with then it's probably more for show than go....!! Â* </div>
    That was exactly my point after I did the DIY grounding mod. The main reason I didn't see any improvement is because the Galant's grounding system is already damned good. The wire is heavy gauged and there are a tremendous amount of grounding points from nose to tail, as referenced in the service manual. Now on a car that has an inferior ground, I can see where it would make a difference. However, I'm in a discussion right now on club3g about the Sun grounding system that was reviewed in import tuner. I'll keep you posted, but it looks like I've found a cheaper source.
    More to come.

Update: Here's a link to the post at club3g regarding the ground mod.

http://www.eclipseforums.org/showthread.ph...869#post1134869

And here's a link to the automotiveimpact run by thelife, who's making the V-6 kit for $60 shipped. It's the last item at the bottom of the page. Sorry guys, V-6 only for now. http://www.automotiveimpact.com/3G_Eclipse.htm

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.