The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what more can i do?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    CliptheApex

what more can i do?

i was racing this integra tonite and i put it into low gear at the light and we go and when i shift into second, i chirped my tires. i was amazed. i was about to shit a brick...now i am all excited and i want more power so i can do this more often, so what else can i add for now to get more power, other than nitrous or turbo/supercharge? are there any other bolt on things i can get that will give me more horsepower?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm shocked too. chirping tires on an auto is...pretty hard to do. as for the more power, you're really limiting yourself by ruling out NOS and turbo/super chargers. NOS isn't all that expensive anymore, it's about 400 for the entire kit (if you know where to look for it: http://www.harleynace.com/ ) and it's about 100 to install or you can do it yourself for a fun weekend project. other than that, i danno about a good power boost.

get thinner tires
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

CliptheApex
    i plan on getting nitrous in febuary or whenever i get my tax returns back, but i was just wondering if there is any other stuff i can do?

I see that you have the jet-v........Did that really improve your performance????
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Yeah I saw the same thing too. I remember reading back before and I think they said that you shouldn't get them unless you have modded out the car. Because my friend got the Venom performance Module for his Stratus (I will be posting in the war stories shortly :twisted: ) But I saw a noticeable gain in in his car. He didn't wire it right but I saw the gain. It's going to take a while for his computer to reset. But How much was the module and did you see a gain?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

DJ_SI
    Don't they make a aftermarket camshaft for the i-4? If so, you may want to look into that, it would be a great N/A mod for your car.

CliptheApex
    the v force module cost me like 250...i did notice a gain..acceleration seemed to be quicker and i would redline at higher rpms, but i installed it wrong, the ses light is supposed to go off after 150 miles when the ecu resets itself to the module, but mine has never gone off. it says ont he jet page 8-10hp gain....i dont know if i saw that much, but i do know i redline higher and faster acceleration...i would say that its a good buy after your essentials (exhuast, intake, headers).

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    IF u trying to keep ur car totally naturally aspirated, i would say check out AEM for the cam gear, and shaft, and underdrive pulleys.. They will keep the power straight through the band. Then an FPR from RPW for more fuel since u have headers, and a AFC to properly tune it, so u get the most bang for ur buck..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

OH great another mod to ad to the list.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    OH great another mod to ad to the list.
    lol, my mods list is ridiculous.. the only thing i really wanted i put on Tuesday, and that was my JDM EVO III wing.. next thing will be a set of rims, and i think a new set of Nitto 555 13' drag tires...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_SI
    Don't they make a aftermarket camshaft for the i-4? If so, you may want to look into that, it would be a great N/A mod for your car.
    Yeah RPW makes one but it's like around 3 bills and change. the only advantage of having a single overhead.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

CliptheApex
    how much of a performace gain will i see with those camshafts? and that part of the internals of the engine right? how easy is the installation?

DJ_SI
    Well, a camshaft is not really considered a "internal" modification per se. And with the over head cam design of our cars, changing the camshaft is not too difficult at all. Just take off the valve cover and loosen/remove the valve springs/retainers and your timing belt. However, if you have not done this type of work before, you may want to have someone who has worked on cars befor to give you a hand.

CliptheApex
    if im already loosening the valve springs....could i just throw on some titanium valve springs, or wout that require alot of extra work?

DJ_SI
    You could but make sure that the aftermarket valve springs match up with your camshaft. You do not want to put stiffer valve springs that what are needed..............it may and will actually hurt your performance. Usually when you purchase an aftermarket camshaft, the company will usually reccomend a set of valve springs to be used.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ_SI)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â* Just take off the valve cover and loosen/remove the valve springs/retainers and your timing belt.</div>

With changing out the Cam wouldn't you have to replace the Valve spring and possible some other stuff ue to the demensions of the Cam?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

BlueESV6
    If you took off the valve spring, isn't there a possibility the valve could drop into the combustion chamber cylinder? Now your having to take off your head to get the valve back out!!! :shock:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ_SI)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â* Just take off the valve cover and loosen/remove the valve springs/retainers and your timing belt.</div>

With changing out the Cam wouldn't you have to replace the Valve spring and possible some other stuff ue to the demensions of the Cam?</div>

I changed my valve spring, not because of the Cam i was using just becasue the guy at the speed shop said it would be best with what i was using..

dukeplaya3169
    Depending on the camshaft...you will will most likely have to change to stronger valve springs. I know I did in my 98. With a stronger camshaft w/o valve springs can cause serious engine damage and much much rougher idling. If you get the camshaft, change your valve springs.You will also need an FPR with the installation of the camshaft. I would reccommend a tuned s-afc as well but it is not required.