The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help With Headlights Harness Upgrade

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    ok lets do some back tracking. maybe im just missing something that u never told me. when u changed the harness, did u change the whole harness or just the socket. if its the socket, it should just be a cut and connect job. cut the wires at the old socket, connect the new wires to the old harness, done deal.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Black Magic
    this is what happened i cut the old socket, then attached the wires from the old socket to the new one so do i just cut the ends of the wire and then just strip the wire down somemore and do it over? i thought this was gonna be easy but i was fuck something up

ok two things. when testing for power, turn the headlights on. yea it sounds kinda dangerous but the headlights lires won't get power unless its on.

another thing. test the socket. make sure it is good. the connector to the bulb might not be connected to the wire its supposed to be attached to

Black Magic
    could i have shorted the wires in the car or in the harness i checked the harness and it looked ok but i dont know if i should connect the harness to something else to see if it works. if so what should i connect it to?
    this is really getting me mad as hell.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

BlueESV6
    I would think if something is truly shorted it would blow a fuse....

Your bulb was verfied good by using it in the working socket?

I'd compare the wiring of the good socket with the one that is not working. The colors of the sires should be the same for both sides.

Both high and low beams do NOT work? If thats the case then wires are either switched around or have bad connections to the OEM harness. I'd recheck your connections to harness....

Keep calm and walk away for a while if you have to. That way the problem might be more obvious when you come back to it....

Good Luck with it!!

Black Magic
    thanks im giving up till tomorrow im going to go buy another harness tomorrow to see if its the harness that is not working. but if that dosent work im up shits creek. another question if i blew a fuse both headlight wouldnt work right? because everything else has been working fine the other headlight corner bulbs. i was just real fired up before and real pissed, you can say that i was going apeshit. thanks for all the help and ill post something tomorrow about the harness.

AGAIN THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE HELP

Black Magic
    WTF i went to start my car this mourning and now it wont start what the hell is going on someone please help? did i bow a fuse or something

Black Magic
    i left the wires unconnected over night could that have affected my battery or blown anything i really dont know what is going on

if u just been messing with the headlights ur battery shouldn't have died like that. 2 reasons. there isn't a completed loop since ur bulbs aren't in so no current can flow. unless there was a short somewhere. and even if there was, ur headlight has a mechanism that shuts off after a few minutes of u leaving the car. ur car should have auto shut off headlights.

check ur fuses and ur fused links. the fused links are a lil bit trickier to tell if they're blown so take a flashlight with u

Black Magic
    pinoy your the man as u probably already know i got my car to start but i still cant get that headlight to work could there be another fuse that is gone could i have shorted the harness when that fuse went. all i want is to have my headlights!!!!!!!!

yea check all ur fuses. especially the headlight one. u mighta caused a short when connecting hte wires or something. i do it all the time. but i'd test taht not working socket to the harness that does work to see if its the socket or the harness thats the problem

Black Magic
    does anyone know which fuse is the one for the headlights because i was looking at the chart or whatever that is on the panel but i cant seem to tell which one it is. or will i have to check all the fuses? are the headlight fuses usually 10 15 or 20's?

Black Magic
    i just checked all the fuses and nothing seemed to work. but while i was doing that i noticed the big black things above all the fuses. does anyone know what those do? can i have blown one of those?

the headlight fuse is in the engine bay. check those and those big fuse looking like things to see if any are blown

Black Magic
    once again pinoy you save my ass thank you so much i owe you my life!!

Man you are making a career out of these headlights. Why did you change out your harnesses to begin with? If it was just to get bigger gauge wire, you should have bought the upgrades from the dealer for $8 each and saved yourself a whole lot of hassle. Anyway, I'm sure you've learned a number of things, most importantly don't attempt a project without understanding what can go wrong and how to fix it. But I'm sure you're smarter about your car now, at least the headlights. Glad it's all working again.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Black Magic
    thanks for adding your 2 cents where were you when i needed help.

hol on...its fixed? woo hoo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12