The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: big problems

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

big problems

ok heres whats up, when my car has a bunch of problems and im not sure whats goin on...it idles high, around 1500rpms, and the when i give it gas, it sounds like a wrx and studders alot. the engine also shakes alot now too. when i put it into drive, the car almost stalls and shakes violently and takes forever to build up speed (about 5 seconds just to get to 30mph) but the weird thing is that it drives fine in reverse. heres some possible causes: no MAF sensor because its brocken. so i bought a maf translator gen2 but havent installed it yet...i doubt thats the problem because ive driven without a maf sensor for about 2 months now(not on the road, its garaged). please i need to get this fixed asap. any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps- when i removed the spark plugs to check them they were very black and sooty so i cleaned them up but problem still persists...
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

That honestly sounds like the exact same problem I had when one of my spark plug wires went bad. Not sure which fixed it, but I replaced those and my plugs at the same time. Assuming it was the wire since it was somewhat in two pieces, but somehow still connected :shock: .
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

def a dead cylinder, check your plugs and wires. mine does the same thing every once and a while when a plug wire slips off

Proto
    Install the GM setup and be done with it. It's going to run like shit without some kind of air flow sensor or engine management.

ya but it just started acting up the other day and its been without a maf sensor for months. but ill replace the wires and plugs and see what that does. im gettin the maf translator installed next weekend by my friend
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

never mind i fixed it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    And the problem was ...
    7g for life!

dead cylinder. i guess what happened was that when i wired my injectors to the resistor box, (i soldered every connection) i also taped and capped each connnection but i guess i was in a hurry so i forgot to tape one of em and the cap fell off and was touching the intake manifold and messing with the resistance of the injector causing one of the injectors to not get fuel. i taped it up and tucked the wires into a safe spot and is working great again. thanks for ur suggestions though.