The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: grill work

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Hey my bad man, Didnt mean to'" SET IT OFF". lol Its weird I ALWAYS get under other 7gers skins but its good to c other 7g owner are just as passionate as i am.

oh trust me if i was not passoniate i would be on galantricers.com... im going to make my car my daily driver but also exceed the little mods that make it jsut unique as a daily driver and give it the tuner look as well..the mesh and the girll i plan on paintin it black once the weather gets better...i also am shoppin around for the best coilover setup...thats the only exterior work i will be doing on my car oh yeah and mayb anothe pair of shoes on her in the near future but this is the shit i want to here from people not just oh good work or nice job i want feed back of the pros and cons and i aapreciate all your support and input no matter if it was positive or negative feed back(not sayin it was da_gal just an example)and once again thank you

:mitgalantes

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    My $.02... paint it black... and quick. Also, i have some stock galant rims i can sell you so you can lose those hubbies. Personally, i would have went with some stock foglights in the side holes

My thought's...
    Galants are very hard to visually modify and not get tacky. (mainly because most things will have to be fabricated.) JDM parts are (were) the best way to make it look differnet, but still flow with the body lines. but JDM parts cost money You've only got two body kits at your disposal ready to go, and i'm sure for twice the money you could have others shipped from over seas.

I think what the Da-Gal was trying to say, is cheap mods look cheap. And too often (not necesarilly in your case) people do all the cheap stuff they can and their car looks like a load of crap. but those people mainly drive Hondas, so again not it your case.

i know exactly what da gal was talkin about but i just wanted to clear up that i was not going the cheap way..just thought i woud do something to it and yes im going to paint it once the weather clears up dont worry and i dont no if i wana go with the body kit mayb just a jdm front bumper...and thats the only exterior mod i will be doin and the fog lights were an opion but not good with the wiring it up part..and yes PM sent!

know that noise you heard outside.........
    doesnt look bad... but ide have to agree, paint them... how did you attach it ? i was thinking of doing this, but wasnt sure how to attatch it, and being a daily driver, i wanna keep the down time to a minium...

1998 Mitsubishi Galant ES
    "freedom of speach includes volume"

well u have repainted everything and the down time was a quick 10 min...take the mesh and kinda mold it to the air dams like bend the ends so they go around it take two 1/2" screws for the side air dams and drill it straight into ur crash bar then take well i use 5 screws for the center air damn 3 up top and 2 on the bottom simple as that..and here is the pic from yesterdays meet cant really see the bottom grill but inbetween the lgihts

Thanks Blue Ice. and (mitgalant) if u want to go wit coilovers , I got some Skunk2's for sale (CHEAP!). holla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12