Thread: Convertible 8G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01
    dammmm, datz official, all u need iz a sunny day to go along with it

now make a 2 door G :D
    Someone did. I think it's on CarDomain

Quote Originally Posted by surycdrol
    Wouldn't work. Chopping the roof and center pillars would destroy it's structural integrity. Whats left of the center pillar would not be enough to support the rear doors. The only succesful 4 door convertible was the Lincoln Continental, and that was only because of the suicide doors.
    So put on suicide doors

im sure you could do the same amount of damage to your G driving it off a bridge. it woiuld never have the same structural integrity
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    im sure you could do the same amount of damage to your G driving it off a bridge. it woiuld never have the same structural integrity
    Thats why when you chop the top you reinforce the bottom. You don't think a quality shop would just chop the top do you?

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    How many 4dr convertibles do you see? It would look retarded.
    ding!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

it would look good if done right, there is this 06 maximaa here in my area that chopped the roof and has suicide doors in the back n i think lambos in the front and it just looks pretty darn good

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I hate having to drive 3G spyders at my job cause every bump you hit the car twists... I hate that feeling...

nah the car aint sexy anymore

too long, and not aggressive

but i am thinking about removing or just molding the 2 back doors

this summer though...

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

I found another pic of a Convertible 8G.
    What you guys think of this one?
    I like it.

that was a photoshop done A LONGGGGG time ago

photoshop or not, it looks clean as hell!

im not into convertables. the only one ive ever really liked the looks of were the 240 sx's or silvia convertables. those are pretty nice. hard tops are ok looking, but im just not a rag top type dude. everytime ive ridden in a convertable i was annoyed after 10 mins. fuckin wind blowin all in my face n shit....im not into that. its cool for a really hot summer day, but i just cant see spending money to make a 4 door sedan into a convertable...just my 2cents.
    2001 es v6

To a certain point it might look good like that but lets just keep how it was attended to look.
    Racers Against Street Racing

You know, I was thinking of fixing the galant in my garage. It was flipped but motor runs fine. Imagine I just cut the entire roof off and make the new ends for the front windshield. I wish I was frivolus and try it.

Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

just use a saws all and cut the top so we can see what it would look like lol....

the galant is too big to be a convertable the front windshield is not streamlined enough... have you pulled up next to a convertable sports car and seen and noticed that the slammed G is still alot bigger the the sports car?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thats why, make a custom front bar to hold the window and shorter glass.....hmm
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12