The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: H.I.D. problem

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

H.I.D. problem

My passenger side headlight keeps going out. I have the f1spec H.I.D. kit and have only had it for no less than a few months. the driver sside is fine but the pass. is acting up I need help
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i had the same problem, so roman (goosey) hooked up the HID off a relay, drawing power directly from the battery. so far i haven't had any problems with it, other than my crappy wiring when i tried to fix some things up
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

TGC Regular
    keeps going out as in........ its flickering during startup?
    Or does it go on/off for several minutes at a time?
    A little more info.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

most days itll turn on some days it wont. most of the time when it doesnt turn on I just shut the car off and restart and it works again. but tonight it just wont go on

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

TGC Regular
    Well start off by checking all the connections on the ballast and bulb to make sure they are good.

switch the bulbs between the headlights and see if it still happens on the same side.

Do you have an electrical probe? If so, when the headlight is not working check and see if the ballast is getting power, and check and see if the bulb is getting power.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

I have the same problem. Ill be driving and the driver side goes off. I have them coming off the relay as well. Ill turn them off and back on and they work fine until a few minutes, the light shuts off again.

pisser.

Is it the balast?

I have them like this.

8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i had that problem, i tried a few things everything was fine...what i wound up doing which usually comes in the instructions is upped the 10 amp fuse to a 15 and havent had a problem since...its been a few months...although in my case i would eventually blow the 10 amp on occasion

fixed. the wiring harness (not the H.I.D.) crapped out.. again. I really need to solder those. Im probabaly going to up the fuse too now that someone mentioned it.

These damn things keep on shutting off on me. Now its random. Ive checked it and rechecked like the above diagram but they still shut off. did you fix yours?

:smt013

Help
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    When HIDs start to act up always check wiring.

Guys, I had SUCH a headache when I first installed mine. I have mine in EB03's and was having so much trouble that I just put mine on a toggle switch drawing power straight from the battery. I havent had an issue since.

i dont have a fuse on mine or relays, they work fine

I got this for mine, I'm electrically challenged, it is well made and I got it in one day from the seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
    The Altima

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    most days itll turn on some days it wont. most of the time when it doesnt turn on I just shut the car off and restart and it works again. but tonight it just wont go on
    i had the exact same problem as this. a simple disconnection of all wiring and reconnection tightening contacts sorted it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldGalant [Reborn
    ]I got this for mine, I'm electrically challenged, it is well made and I got it in one day from the seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget
    That looks like the exact same harness the comes with most 9003-7 kits.

I swear this is my last post on this set of HIDs.

I got power going to the ballast like the above diagram. After the right bulb shuts off, I disconnet the power directly connected to the ballast and reconnect it, the bulb lights up again. Question, do I have a bad ballast or is it that the wrong amperage or wire gauge or fuse??????? :smt102

:smt100
    8G 4 life!