The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTENTION: 99 Galant Keyless Entry Owners

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

ATTENTION: 99 Galant Keyless Entry Owners

Wuzzup!!! I have a 99 Galant ES and my keyless entry just has the 2 button (Lock, Unlock) remote. I wanted to know if anybody with the factory alarm (3 button-Panic button, Lock, Unlock) has the horn chirp when the lock button is pushed. I was considering having the dealer add the factory alarm to my current setup ( I want to keep the factory setup) if the horn chirps when the lock button is pressed.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    I have the 3 button remote, but the horn doesn't chirp when I press the lock button. There was a tutorial around here on how to enable the chirp when you lock, but I tried that and it didn't work.

mine has just lock and unlock. the lights flash but i cant get the chirp to work like SleekGTZ

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

1: Press the LOCK switch for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK switch during this period.
    2: Release the LOCK and UNLOCK switches at the same time.

ONE BUZZER: Horn will sound regardless of whether doors are locked or unlocked.

TWO BUZZERS: The horn will not sound. even if the doors are locked with the keyless entry system.

THREE BUZZERS: Horn will only sound when the keyless entry LOCK switch is pressed again to reconfirm that the doors are locked.

Straight out of the Galant manual...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5