The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: megan c/o owners!! i need pics again

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    8G_GTZ

megan c/o owners!! i need pics again

I need to see how your car sits right now. there is no way where mine sits is all the way up in the rear. the camber is rediculous, and I've dealt with it since I got them 6 months ago. Now I'm tired of it. like 3 sets of 2 tires in the rear since then. but the spring is compressed all the way and it still tucks just slightly. it can't be all the way up. give me some pics please of yours now and tell me if you can still go up or not. thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Steve

WarmAndSCSI
    How much stuff is in your trunk? I loaded up an engine block and my rear ride height dropped like 3 inches I'm serious with that question, btw.

8G_GTZ
    just factory carpet. thats it.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 8G_GTZ
    just factory carpet. thats it.
    Oh, sorry. It was a stretch Most people I see around here with coilovers have them for show and have systems in the back too. :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    any pics?

WarmAndSCSI
    Another shot in the dark: is your drop in the back relatively equal to the drop in the front? If your front is proportionally higher, it's going to push the back of your car down.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the shock assmbly itself is threaded you know...that should fix you problem...if you look at the bottom of the threads there is a third adjustable ring where the threads end...they arent only adjustable at the spring..... easiest way to adjust it is to loosen the bottom lock and undo the bottom bolt then just turn it with your hand so that it raises and i would loosesn some of the tension on the spring itself if you have it all the way compressed otherwise the ride wont really be proportioned well and it will still be somewhat stiff and bouncy

8G_GTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    the shock assmbly itself is threaded you know...that should fix you problem...if you look at the bottom of the threads there is a third adjustable ring where the threads end...they arent only adjustable at the spring..... easiest way to adjust it is to loosen the bottom lock and undo the bottom bolt then just turn it with your hand so that it raises and i would loosesn some of the tension on the spring itself if you have it all the way compressed otherwise the ride wont really be proportioned well and it will still be somewhat stiff and bouncy
    i'm going to try that at work tomorrow. thanks man. I knew there was something there with that lock. Because the more and more I looked at peoples pics, they were sitting higher than mine. but, yeah the drop in the front is all the way down and the rear is all the way up(so i thought), but it sits equal all the way around.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no problem its too dark and cold right now if you still need a pic when i throw on the winter beaters le me know i will probroblly be doing so like next week

you actually were increasing preload on your springs, not raising the ride height. RTFM. and to fix the camber issue, get a camber kit.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    you actually were increasing preload on your springs, not raising the ride height. RTFM. and to fix the camber issue, get a camber kit.
    lawl. Yes, the nice thing about real coilovers is that the perch is adjustable so you don't have to rely on the preload to set your ride height (which is what Skunk2 "coilovers" and the like require you to do)- sorry, I didn't quite catch what you were describing in your original post.

8G_GTZ
    sorry yeah i did fix all of that today at work. i've never had coilovers and when i got them 6mo. ago i never adjusted anything. just dealt with the camber. then i tried and by reading the shitty description of adjustment, i figured it out(or so i thought) lol but thanks guys for helping me. the camber is still there, but not NEAR as bad as before.