The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: greddy e-manage

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

greddy e-manage

Anyone here use the e-manage? i got the main harness hooked up and going good but i am curious about the ignition harness. any got it working?

WarmAndSCSI
    The ignition harness has some issues with blowing coil packs on the 8G 4G64, could be the same for you. I honesetly don't know of anybody running the E-Manage on a 7G.

i used it in my talon when it first came out and had no problems. The 7g uses a distrubuter insted of coil packs and according to the 7g wiring diagram it has one ignition wire compared to the 1g's 2 wires

WarmAndSCSI
    Distributor setups work fine with the E-Manage AFAIK. That's how I run mine.

i got an 01 es and never had problems with my ignition harness just make sure you wire it correctly and solder your connections

ive never seen a definite reason as to why it happens some people say its because of heat, some say its because of the transistors in the coil packs but we use the same coil packs as evos and a bunch of other cars and the problem is really small if you look at it that way

maybe its just some problems with those peoples emanage's i would think if you have working equipment and you wire everything right there wont be any problems
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

The 8th gen has coils. The problem i am having is the ignitor and coil are internal in the distrubuter.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by gaylantvr4
    The 8th gen has coils. The problem i am having is the ignitor and coil are internal in the distrubuter.
    The 8th gen 6G64 has coils. The E-Manage works fine with a distributor setup, like I already said.